Double check my build

Pretty good, however you may want to get a beefier CPU cooler like a hyper 212 evo and a Z series board to do some overclocking on that CPU to get a bit more performance out of it.

Besides that its a great build

3 minutes ago, GalacticRuler said:

Please put this into PCPartPicker.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mx2yqk
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mx2yqk/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($66.49 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus H81M-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($57.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($12.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($33.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $375.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-29 00:27 EST-0500

2 minutes ago, DaShesano said:

Pretty good, however you may want to get a beefier CPU cooler like a hyper 212 evo and a Z series board to do some overclocking on that CPU to get a bit more performance out of it.

Z series boards aren't optimized for the pentium g3258 personally every time I've used them the they performed less than when I used h81 boards for overclocking 

Just now, Lowspecgamer said:

Z series boards aren't optimized for the pentium g3258 personally every time I've used them the they performed less than when I used h81 boards for overclocking 

Ah, just don't use stock cooling if you plan to overclock.

4 minutes ago, DaShesano said:

Obviously I meant with the pentium g3258

Just now, Lowspecgamer said:

Obviously I meant with the pentium g3258

If you have the ability to wait, look into that new (possibly) overclockable i3 instead of g3258, as you'll get better performance out of an i3.

1 minute ago, DaShesano said:

Ah, just don't use stock cooling if you plan to overclock.

i get stable temps at 4.0 ghz with the stock cooler but if I overclock to 4.5 ghz I'll definitely get the hyper 212 evo

2 minutes ago, Lowspecgamer said:

i get stable temps at 4.0 ghz with the stock cooler but if I overclock to 4.5 ghz I'll definitely get the hyper 212 evo

I got lucky and got my g3258 to 4.7 ghz but temps are way to high 

If what you want is overclocking, a locked Athlon X4 845 is guaranteed to be more fun because it will have you messing with the BCLK (you can do that on AMD CPUs of this gen). It's also a more capable gaming chip.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($67.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.99 @ Jet)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.40 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($33.99 @ B&H)
Total: $361.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-29 00:37 EST-0500

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Lowspecgamer said:

I got lucky and got my g3258 to 4.7 ghz but temps are way to high 

If you're gaming on your system you may want to replace the hard drive with a WD blue 500gb SSD, they're rather cheap and have decent performance.

I'd personally have gone with an i3 at the minimum for gaming these days. Too many games will use at least a dual core these days and that'll leave you almost nothing for your OS to use in the background. :P

You can find an i3 4150 for pretty cheap around online, ebay and the like. It's what I'd do... >.>;

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

If what you want is overclocking, a locked Athlon X4 845 is guaranteed to be more fun because it will have you messing with the BCLK (you can do that on AMD CPUs of this gen). It's also a more capable gaming chip.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($67.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.99 @ Jet)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.40 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($33.99 @ B&H)
Total: $361.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-29 00:37 EST-0500

Ew no. AMD < Intel here. I'd never try to game on anything branded 'Athlon' right now. It's like the new Sempron. It's just not what it used to be. 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

Just now, Imglidinhere said:

Ew no. AMD < Intel here. I'd never try to game on anything branded 'Athlon' right now. It's like the new Sempron. It's just not what it used to be. 

Source?

I can tell you this: Multiple games today will tank performance or flat out refuse to boot (thanks to Ubisoft for that one) on a CPU that can only handle two threads. These Pentiums aren't gaming CPUs anymore. That and the Athlon will do just fine paired with a GTX 1050.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

Source?

I can tell you this: Multiple games today will tank performance or flat out refuse to boot (thanks to Ubisoft for that one) on a CPU that can only handle two threads. These Pentiums aren't gaming CPUs anymore. That and the Athlon will do just fine paired with a GTX 1050.

Which games won't start exactly? FailCry 4 and FailharderCry Primal? LOL like anyone cares about those. AMD uses a platform from 2012 and Intel uses one from 2015+ right now. There's NO reason to bother using AMD for anything. You limit yourself so heavily by going with AMD. At least with Intel as he is, he could snag an i7 and upgrade his GPU without the fear of bottlenecking. Only the most heavily threaded Triple-A games will use the top FX chips too. BF1 works fine, but that's only because it can use the full CPU.

The number of games that don't work aren't the games that are actually PLAYED today, and that needs to be the point here. More cores doesn't mean it's a better CPU. If it did, AMD wouldn't be bankrupt right now and betting it all on Zen now would they?

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

5 hours ago, Strike105X said:

I guess nobody plays titanfall 2 or any of the forza games on pc either... Yes those do not work on anything that doesn't have 4 threads.

so should I get a amd athlon x4 860 or x4 845 ? there roughlty the same price for me right now

3 hours ago, Lowspecgamer said:

so should I get a amd athlon x4 860 or x4 845 ? there roughlty the same price for me right now

The 860K is an easier overclocking experience because you can play with its multiplier. Also if you're gonna OC, don't cheap out on the motherboard lest you pull too much power and set its VRMs on fire (if it's got a heatsink over the power delivery area, it will do fine). If you don't like the stock cooler, the best aftermarket I can recommend for you is a Deepcool Gammaxx 400. It should go for the equivalent of $25, and is amazing performance for the money.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler