Well balanced rig?

KooKooMan117
Go to solution Solved by n00bmlg,
6 minutes ago, KooKooMan117 said:

I've just purchased this system and I'm wondering how balanced (bottlenecking) the system is and if I got the parts for a good price. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/KooKooMan117/saved/mxWbvK

I have $35 in MIR on the way. 

Seems good to me, no major bottlenecks anywhere, your GPU will bottleneck your CPU but no matter what computer you build there will be a bottleneck somewhere, so don't worry about me saying there's a bottleneck, people get too fed up about them

6 minutes ago, KooKooMan117 said:

I've just purchased this system and I'm wondering how balanced (bottlenecking) the system is and if I got the parts for a good price. 

Seems good to me, no major bottlenecks anywhere, your GPU will bottleneck your CPU but no matter what computer you build there will be a bottleneck somewhere, so don't worry about me saying there's a bottleneck, people get too fed up about them

I mean sure? at this point its like playing horseshoes and handgrenades as if, should've, would've, could've. I think you payed a lot more for the i5 because its 219 atm. so there is that. 

terms of balanced? you are going to be GPU restricted really that is about it, would of either gone with a 1060 6gb or the 8gb version of the 480. 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

Its ayyyy ok.

i5 6600k is basiclly the highest CPU you can go for specifically gaming so thats fine

RX 480 4GB is fine.

1 minute ago, Izumi Reina said:

Its ayyyy ok.

i5 6600k is basiclly the highest CPU you can go for specifically gaming so thats fine

RX 480 4GB is fine.

1 minute ago, xephoneration said:

I mean sure? at this point its like playing horseshoes and handgrenades as if, should've, would've, could've. I think you payed a lot more for the i5 because its 219 atm. so there is that. 

terms of balanced? you are going to be GPU restricted really that is about it, would of either gone with a 1060 6gb or the 8gb version of the 480. 

An upgrade down the line for GPU would make this setup great right? 

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Enjoy high quality 1080p gaming.

Hopefully High quality ultra-wide gaming. 

Just now, KooKooMan117 said:

An upgrade down the line for GPU would make this setup great right? 

Yep a i5 6600k and a GTX 1070 (or even a GTX 1080) is also a great pair. You will be perfectly fine for a GPU upgrade down the line.

18 minutes ago, KooKooMan117 said:

The way I view any build the most expensive bottlenecks should be addressed first CPU and Mobo everything else technically molds itself around those two components. Ask yourself if you'll be happy with those later or if they give you a proper upgrade path for workstation or further advanced gaming rig and once you arrive at that spend the cash on your selected cpu and gpu.