Windows 10 search not showing results of other drives in the "All" section.

wyattzx

Hey guys, having a bit of a troubling issue.

I disabled Cortana through the Group Policy editor, and now I only search my PC, instead of using online results as well. (This does not affect my issue.) When searching my indexed drives, the results of other drives, (videos, music, games.) do not show up unless it is set to that category specifically. I've created an example below.

glJuFxk.png

I would like to be able to search my computer more easily, but I haven't yet found a fix online about this. Can anyone help? I have the latest public build of Windows 10 Professional. I've indexed everything on my C;\ and D:\ drives. 

I believe the search function is now embedded with Cortana (you may need to re-enable it and just hide it

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

I believe the search function is now embedded with Cortana (you may need to re-enable it and just hide it

That's not the case. If you read my post, you'll see that Cortana being enabled or disabled has no effect on my issue.

Just now, NonaHexa said:

That's not the case. If you read my post, you'll see that Cortana being enabled or disabled has no effect on my issue.

oh sorry missed that bit, try rebuilding your search index

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

oh sorry missed that bit, try rebuilding your search index

I already did. Furthermore, Windows can find the files if I set it to search for music or videos or photos specifically, if that's what I'm looking for. Did you read my post at all, or just the title?

I have read the post, i am unsure of the commands but you may be able to reinstall the search feature using powershell

PSU tier list-