login system - database ?

Fredrikmikael

Hello, i am learning programming with HTML and i've been looking at some guides and such with php and have decided to try to make a login system or "steal" a login system from some of the tutorials i've found but i need a database.

Any help on finding a database and how to use it would be much appreciated.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

In PHP I think people suggest MySQL and in ASP.Net there's one built in but I can't remember its name off the top of my head.

HTTP/2 203

i saw the mysql website, there are many download options, i'm kindoff a noob so i am very unsure. and i might need some more detailed help

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

In PHP I think people suggest MySQL and in ASP.Net there's one built in but I can't remember its name off the top of my head.

You mean MSSQL? As for interfacing with it, it's pretty much the same as MySQL.

i saw the mysql website, there are many download options, i'm kindoff a noob so i am very unsure. and i might need some more detailed help

Try WAMP, it's a complete solution with everything build in.

Like, do i upload a database to the server or do i download a database on my computer and connect it trough internet to the website?

System

Spoiler

Stick it on the server. If you have it on your computer, you'll have to deal with high internet traffic to your computer and it has to be on (and not asleep) all the time.

Most hosting places will include database software preinstalled on the server that you just interface with, although you'd need it on your computer if you want to test it.

HTTP/2 203

anybody know of any step by step guide or some sort of tutorial ?

System

Spoiler

Database-wise I recommend MySQL, it interfaces very well with PHP.

I'm slightly unsure what specifically you need to know when it comes to individual

steps, but I recommend looking at the tutorial series Alex from phpacademy made for

The New Boston, phpacademy itself (both you can find on Youtube, although the series

for The New Boston is slightly out of date in some parts, but still a good foundation)

and other stuff from Youtube. I learned all of my PHP skills on YT, the reference manual

and stackoverflow, and I was able to set up a website with a login system pretty easily.

Just make sure that you either use the MySQLi driver or PDO and not the old MySQL extension.

EDIT:

Maybe this is of use, although again, swap out the mysql part for its successor, but the

basic idea will stay the same.

Also, for installing and setting up MySQL on your operating system, there are quite a few

tutorials on YT, pick the one which suits your O/S and you should be OK.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I just want to put this out there.. please please please refrain from using microsoft server for internet sided systems (or really any systems tbh).

For efficiencies sake, linux (server distros, ubuntu will be best for new users) will run much much better, and you can remotely connect and has everything available. 

Just make sure Apache2, PHP5 and MySQL are all installed and set up and you should be good to go.

By all means use any open source implementation of login systems as long as you conform by the license agreement that comes with.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

If you don't really care to do the setup, but rather just want to learn PHP and MySQL without too much setup, you could try http://www.1freehosting.com/

It hosts the php files, and has an easy method to creating tables and entries in MySQL.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101