ASUS G750JW Review

Coombzy

this maybe quite short as I am not really a review person but I will give you my personal opinion short story as to why I ended up with this the Y510p overheated when gaming pretty much it anyway here we go

The Build Quality:

I personally think they did a fantastic job with the build quality the aluminum where the keyboard and trackpad sit is cool to the touch and feels very nice but is very prone to fingerprints. The soft plastic on the outside feels very rugged to me anyway everything feels like it should on a gaming grade laptop.

The screen:

obviously one of the most important things for a gaming laptop the screen feels like a smaller version of one of my current ASUS desktop monitors colours are nice and very crisp and the brightness is extremly bright most of the time I keep it down just so I don't annoy other people in the room if I am using it at night my verdict on the screen is fantastic nothing I can say thats bad about it certainly better than my previous Acer 900p screen.

Power and Performance:

for a mobile processor and graphics card they pack a punch with the core i7 4700HQ clocked at 2.4GHz and a GTX 765m 2GB card its plenty powerful one thing I even noticed was when in performance mode it automatically clocks to 3.2 on all cores even when not gaming great for the rendering I do but you probably want to know about the gaming performance more than anything I can say I am happy with it 30 FPS + in most modern games at high or very high settings on a mobile laptop is very nice I got a few looks when playing Crysis in the college cafe but it will start to get loud when you game for a long time so thats a con here are a few videos for you to see how it does in some modern games.

Conclusion:

for a laptop I am certainly impressed with the performance I can get away from my desktop if you are looking for a laptop for just under £1000 I would solely recommend it the only downside really is the weight which is a bummer but with the weight you get better cooling inside and what I personally think to be a nicer laptop than the others it can certainly Game thats for sure but only when connect to the wall if you plan to game unplugged it downclocks everything and is really only useful for casual gaming like Minecraft or Office apps.

PS:sorry if there are grammar issues I don't tend to correct them when on the internet :P