Wow EK, You are FAST. (Edit - Just Came...10am...Oct. 28th)

Well I ordered a EK 290X block on tues when they became available (knowing I was going to get a 290x). They didn't start shipping until Friday but I knew I wasn't going to get it before my 290x, since its coming from Slovenia.

But I just checked my tracking for the block and to my total shock, I saw that it was already in Ontario at the sort facility. It was shipped by DHL.

God Damn, that was fast. Looks like i'm getting it tomorrow on my day off I took.

Now only if the other companies would ship that fast....and over the weekend...

But I wish it was my 290X coming tomorrow instead!!! It's still stuck in the U.S. AFAIK (damn you newegg)

Kudos to DHL and EK  

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

And if my DHL experiences are anything to go by, it'll sit in the Markham warehouse for another few days, and get to you busted.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Let us know what kind of temps you get.

And if there already is benchmarks with watercooling somewhere can someone link me?

i can't even imagine how much they are going to charge you for duty let alone taxes on top of that. good luck to you.

Well I ordered a EK 290X block on tues when they became available (knowing I was going to get a 290x). They didn't start shipping until Friday but I knew I wasn't going to get it before my 290x, since its coming from Slovenia.

But I just checked my tracking for the block and to my total shock, I saw that it was already in Ontario at the sort facility. It was shipped by DHL.

God Damn, that was fast. Looks like i'm getting it tomorrow on my day off I took.

Now only if the other companies would ship that fast....and over the weekend...

But I wish it was my 290X coming tomorrow instead!!! It's still stuck in the U.S. AFAIK (damn you newegg)

Kudos to DHL and EK  

I usually go for UPS or FedEX because I have not had any problems with them but I have with DHL.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

i ant wait to see 290x watercooled benchmarks

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

I had a similar experience with my raspberry pi. I guess DHL's international department must be doing something right. Ordered a pi from the UK, it shipped on a monday and was on my doorstep (pacific coast USA) on wednesday.

I haven't been so impressed with their domestic shipping though.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Yea , I could care less if it doesn't come in a few days. I still got nothing to put it on lol

I probably won't toss the block on right away anyways, I wanna use the card a bit before I do that, or at least that's what I planned to do.

I don't expect much duty if anything....its only a $100 dollar block....and customs starts charging over values of like $70 or $80

It would be nice if i'm surprised by a 290X delivery tomorrow.....if that were to happen, I'll be pissed that I didn't take Tuesday off!!  BF4 Time!!

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

I just got a knock at the door....the block just arrived. Here it is...although the machining looks a bit messed up....nothing a buff can't fix....

Nvidia, prepare for PAIN....lol

IMG_00000079.jpg

IMG_00000080.jpg

IMG_00000081.jpg

What kind of custom/duty fees did you have to pay?

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

it was $30 bucks....but that's just DHL (just like ups or fedex from the US)

if I was able to get it in north america I would have to save that....but the fact it came here over the weekend is worth the 30 bucks imo lol

never have got anything from that far that fast before

Can't wait to see this card underwater. Lets see how high you can clock this beast!

I need the beast first!! lol at least its in Vancouver now..should be here in a day or two

like I said I don't think I'll be doing it right away wanna use the card first for a bit...but that could change after I use it for a day lol...just depends how ambitious I feel.

Once you get the 290x and put it under water, what sorts of benchmarks will you be running? I'm just curious to see if the 290x is being held back because of the crappy cooler or if the card is already fully maxed out. I just want to see which Is the better overclocker, a reference 780 or the 290x.

And if my DHL experiences are anything to go by, it'll sit in the Markham warehouse for another few days, and get to you busted.

I have had similar expierience with USPS, too.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Mine still says processing :(

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

Shit machining is unfortunately what they're known for the last couple of years as they rush blocks out as fast as possible. It's also part of the reason their plating starts to fail.

Wish they were EK of old..

Be interesting to see if there is a hard cap on performance regardless of cooling capacity (like Haswell/Ivy) or if the beast is unlocked when off of that anaemic stock cooler.

I can't wait to put it on....I'm sure it will be on soon. But I'm going to "try" and use the card for a bit....but we'll see how long that lasts lol

Dammit BF4 only 15% complete....the download is smaller then I thought tho....only 23GB

IMG_00000085.jpg

if i'm feeling ambitious, prolly will put it on this weekend.

just gotta feel up to taking everything out and expanding the loop and adding the other rad I have.

I think some people have posted some benchmarks already....google them.  290x watercooled

ive seen some that are running at almost 1.3ghz  like 1260 and 1270 range

hopefully mine will do the same

and the ones I saw were GPU only blocks, not full cover

Mine is arrived today, after a couple hours of leak testing I can probably also get some benchmarks either today or tomorrow.

Head over to overclock.net. go to the general subforum under graphics cards. There are lots of watercooled benchmarks there.

My R9-290X Water-block arrived today, Now Fitted!

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Shitballs,

I'm not going to put the block on yet after all.

My 290x has coil whine (which I read it isn't supposed to have or has been stated it should be coil whine free....dunno if that's 100% true)

at first, it wasn't that bad, more like a buzzing. Even in BF4....so I was deciding maybe I will keep it anyways...

but today I tried playing Napoleon total war I got off steam, and it sounded like a dog whistle going off.... 

I must be sensitive to the high pitch because it starting giving me a headache.

Just did a RMA with newegg and I will be getting a replacement.

But since the 290x is sold out everywhere....I have no idea when I will get another one....they have no ETA on new shipments.....which pisses me off.

Worst case, I get a full refund....but I don't want that LOL.

P.S.   does anyone know or have a idea when new shipments might start arriving to retailers?? Thanks

This SUX

Coil whine is extremely hard to avoid these days, both of my evga cards have some.