Xbox One Controller on a MacBook Pro 2015

l_zheng101

Yes I own a MacBook Pro (post hate comments below). I've been looking for a working solution to use an Xbox One Controller on my MacBook Pro but so far none of the solutions I've tried have worked. Does anyone have solutions that have actually worked? I want to be able play games like Rocket League while I'm on the go. Thanks!

You could dual boot Windows with bootcamp.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

You could dual boot Windows with bootcamp.

I've done that before but I used a pirated version of Windows 10 and got a virus so I ended up not doing ever again. 

2 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

I've done that before but I used a pirated version of Windows 10 and got a virus so I ended up not doing ever again. 

Well that's why we don't pirate isn't it?

Anyway the only way you could've gotten a virus would be if you downloaded file from some random untrustable source.

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Well that's why we don't pirate isn't it?

Anyway the only way you could've gotten a virus would be if you downloaded file from some random untrustable source.

Yep... basically :/

Just now, l_zheng101 said:

Yep... basically :/

Okay, first download the ISO from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Install that, you don't need a product key to just play games and stuff, there will be a watermark but that's pretty much it.

Then download Steam from http://store.steampowered.com/about/

✨PC Specs✨

I had a 2015 Pro I used to Steam stream to, until my Surface Pro took over those duties, and there are a couple of apps that do work. 

I was playing DSIII at the time with my Xone controller with no issues. I used this;

https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases

the Dev made two drivers one for 360 and one for Xbox One controllers, both worked for me. To get the Mac to recognise you have to install the drivers (I installed both) shut down the Mac, plug in controller then switch Mac on. 

Both drivers can be found within the first few links of a "Xbox one controller on MacBook" Google search.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n