Jumping back from 4k?

Inferius

So back in July I purchased an LG4K monitor, and wow is it beautiful. I'm super happy with the display its self, I just have a mixed bag of feelings regarding gaming on it. Most FPS games that I play (CSGO, Titanfall, Battlefield) I find my self turning down to 1920x1080 which causes me to lose some color accuracy on the monitor, but I have to do it to get desired performance. So I've been thinking maybe I made the jump towards 4k a little bit too soon, given my PC specs (Relevant ones being GTX 980 Ti and an OC'd 3570K processor). So I've been thinking that 1440p may be my sweet spot. So do you think it'd be worth jumping back? If so, please suggest a 1440p preferably 144Hz IPS monitor (G-Sync is not required). Also what should I do with the 4K monitor in the mean-time if I do decide to get the 1440p monitor? 

I don't plan to upgrade my PC any time too soon. I'm waiting until maybe the GTX 1200 series if that and processor when CannonLake comes out. Thanks for any advice.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your system should be enough to play the games at 4k low/medium, and to me that looks much better than 1080 or 1440.

Id probably keep the monitor and just get a faster gpu soon.

Right. And at 4K anti-aliasing really isn't needed either.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

This is the problem with 4k, we aren't "quite" there yet with tech, a 1080 will play pretty much everything at 4k/ultra but that's now, give it 6 months or so and may start struggling, we could say titan/1080 SLI but again, it won't last long. That's exactly why I went with a 1440P with the hope that this 1080 will last a few years @ultra settings

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

5 minutes ago, Funtron5000 said:

Right. And at 4K anti-aliasing really isn't needed either.

I usually turn off AA completely when gaming at 4K, so I guess I'll do more research into which settings o turn down and get away with. Thanks.