How to get a phone without a data plan?

LukeS

So my father is pretty stubborn when it comes to being strict. He basically only wants me to have a flip phone (minus they don't have one with Straight Talk or phone provider). However, I am a healthcare provider (I'm 16) and need to have access to the internet. So my dad will now allow me to buy a phone without a data plan (but with a cell (talk/text) plan). Is anyone aware of how to do this? I am pretty sure that you cannot do this with an iPhone (as everything is built in), but I was wondering if this was possible with a windows phone (since it has a SIM card)...

Thanks,

-LukeS

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

you can do this with any phone, just get a sim card that only includes texts/calls and no mobile data.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

you can do this with any phone, just get a sim card that only includes texts/calls and no mobile data.

How might this be done, is the question.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Purchase a phone that can be thrown onto any carrier where you're at (an unlocked phone). Get a plan that doesn't include wireless data.

You can do such a thing on basically any smartphone, be it an iPhone, some flagship Android phone, a Windows Phone phone, etc.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Purchase a phone that can be thrown onto any carrier where you're at (an unlocked phone). Get a plan that doesn't include wireless data.

You can do such a thing on basically any smartphone, be it an iPhone, some flagship Android phone, a Windows Phone phone, etc.

Yes, but what service provider? I cannot find one that does not bind data with unlimited talk/text.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, LukeS said:

Yes, but what service provider? I cannot find one that does not bind data with unlimited talk/text.

Thanks.

get a sim only deal and buy a phone outright, or just pay for the contract yourself (he can't tell you to spend how to spend your money.

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

you could use ting (and offer code linus or something like that) and disable the data

i do wonder why youre not allowed to have data but can still get a phone that uses wifi. whats the difference?

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

20 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

get a sim only deal and buy a phone outright, or just pay for the contract yourself (he can't tell you to spend how to spend your money.

I am buying the phone and plan myself...

Just now, LukeS said:

I am buying the phone and plan myself...

then get whatever you want

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, Matt_98 said:

then get whatever you want

I'm a minor, so I have to follow the parent/guardian per country.

1 hour ago, LukeS said:

I'm a minor, so I have to follow the parent/guardian per country.

shame

PSU tier list- 

3 hours ago, Matt_98 said:

shame

yes, it is.

16 hours ago, LukeS said:

yes, it is.

get a dual sim phone on pay as you go and get a separate data sim

PSU tier list-