Budget PC Build For Playing Older Titles

BPCBuilds
1 minute ago, BPCBuilds said:

Thanks you for this pc build, it looks very good. I will definitely look into wifi those wifi cards.  

get the seasonic G or XFX proseries/seasonic eco, cx500 isn't very good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€114.10 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€55.36 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€39.59 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€37.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€52.91 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  (€30.48 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €382.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-23 15:53 CET+0100

This is the cheapest complete build i've seen so far. Thank you. I will definitely look into it. 

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

get the seasonic G or XFX proseries/seasonic eco, cx500 isn't very good.

Thank you for the update. I will change it.

1 minute ago, BPCBuilds said:

Thank you for the update. I will change it.

I chose the Bitfenix Nova for you if you want to save some more cash. :) 

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€114.10 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€53.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€39.59 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  (€33.79 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€52.91 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  (€30.48 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €376.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-23 15:58 CET+0100

Remember, you'll also need to get an operating system.

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

2 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

I chose the Bitfenix Nova for you if you want to save some more cash. :) 

Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€53.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  (€33.79 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €376.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-23 15:58 CET+0100

Remember, you'll also need to get an operating system.

Every little bit helps so thank you. Luckily my university gave me a free copy of windows 8.1 and I think I can get 10 now as well so that is very nice.  

2 minutes ago, BPCBuilds said:

Every little bit helps so thank you. Luckily my university gave me a free copy of windows 8.1 and I think I can get 10 now as well so that is very nice.  

Actually, you could go even cheaper than that, like getting a Western Digital 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive instead of the Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive (to save €2.00) but keep in mind that you're sacrificing performance. Also, if you don't care much about looks, the cheapest case you could get is the Xigmatek Aeos for only €25.00 which will shave off another €13. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 

7 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Actually, you could go even cheaper than that, like getting a Western Digital 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive instead of the Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive (to save €2.00) but keep in mind that you're sacrificing performance. Also, if you don't care much about looks, the cheapest case you could get is the Xigmatek Aeos for only €25.00 which will shave off another €13. :) 

Thanks for the case recommendation. I will definitely use it if its compatible with all the rest of the parts and pretty good quality. I will keep the seagate for now, i do care about all the performance i can get.

I also found this: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/D7V48d/toshiba-internal-hard-drive-dt01aca050

I currently only use 160 gb on my current pc so i don't think i will need 1TB, and save most of my stuff on online storage like google drive and dropbox.

Is the performance as good as the Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive? should i stick with that one?

Just now, BPCBuilds said:

I also found this: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/D7V48d/toshiba-internal-hard-drive-dt01aca050

I currently only use 160 gb on my current pc so i don't think i will need 1TB, and save most of my stuff on online storage like google drive and dropbox.

Is the performance as good as the Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive? should i stick with that one?

Yes, the performance will be similar. If you're not using the extra space then go ahead and save some cash. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

Just now, Freezanator said:

Yes, the performance will be similar. If you're not using the extra space then go ahead and save some cash. :) 

I see, thank you, I will try to see if i can shave even more off without losing performance. That's more money for a few games after all :D.

@BPCBuilds, if you really, really want to save even more and you don't need 500GB, then there's a 320 GB option too. 

Western Digital Blue 320GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

Just now, Freezanator said:

@BPCBuilds, if you really, really want to save even more and you don't need 500GB, then there's a 320 GB option too. 

Western Digital Blue 320GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive :) 

Wow, that's a very good price drop. Like 30 euros off the first recommendation. My bro told me that a 256gb ssd would be enough space for me. But this is a way cheaper option and it has 7200 rpm like the first one (I think that what decides the quality or speed?). Thank you, I will use it. 

3 minutes ago, BPCBuilds said:

Wow, that's a very good price drop. Like 30 euros off the first recommendation. My bro told me that a 256gb ssd would be enough space for me. But this is a way cheaper option and it has 7200 rpm like the first one (I think that what decides the quality or speed?). Thank you, I will use it. 

Yes, the RPMs of the spindle (the thing that rotates the disk inside) is usually the way most people gauge the speed of a hard drive. 7200 RPM is currently the most popular option as it offers somewhat above average speeds without compromising on space unlike SSDs which are built just for speed. If you have any other doubts or questions, just ask in this friendly forum! :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

1 minute ago, Freezanator said:

Yes, the RPMs of the spindle (the thing that rotates the disk inside) is usually the way most people gauge the speed of a hard drive. 7200 RPM is currently the most popular option as it offers somewhat above average speeds without compromising on space unlike SSDs which are built just for speed. If you have any other doubts or questions, just ask in this friendly forum! :) 

Thank you for the answer. I see that the pc building community is very helpful and nice. It's amazing.

11 hours ago, BPCBuilds said:

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Total: €330.75

I have changed a few things. I saw that the power supply i chose was a bit noisy but i don't really mind it. will it be alright though. also do i have to have 450W?

450W will be sufficient for your build. Its best to stay above 400W as you'll be gaming and anything lower than 400W are usually made for office use. :) By the way, this is where you'll get your parts link, not from the address bar.

Screenshot (57).png

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300