Noob looking for help

I'm having issues with my graphics card, a MSI GTX 1060 single fan (6gb), i have owned this card for about 3 weeks, and was working without issue. Problems started occurring late last night. I was playing Fifa 17 for about 12 hours, and the gpu fan went crazy, leading the monitor to lose signal from the gpu, while the rest of the pc still was on. I've checked the temperatures and the highest I've recorded is about 60 celsius (140 fahrenheit). The same issue happened to the pc while it was idle at 6 celsius (42 fahrenheit) the monitor lost signal from the gpu and the gpu fan went crazy loud. 

What could the issue be? 

edit: 29 celsius not 6 celsius 

Uh no idea but 6C is crazy cold...are you playing outside with an open test bench?

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

6C, that aint right at all, considering right now with a 360 + 240mm rad on water I'm sat at 31C @ 4.6ghz

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, Gamessys said:

Uh no idea but 6C is crazy cold...are you playing outside with an open test bench?

Hahaha, I'm not using a test bench outside. I'm getting the number from MSI Afterburner..

Yeah 6°C sounds very bad.

It's impossible to get temps below ambient unless you are using a wicked cooling solution :P

Check the temps again with GPU-Z.

If they are again 6°C or similar during idle, the card is broken and you need to RMA it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

6C, that aint right at all, considering right now with a 360 + 240mm rad on water I'm sat at 31C @ 4.6ghz

It's the number I'm getting from afterburner though...

Afterburner.png

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Yeah 6°C sounds very bad.

It's impossible to get temps below ambient unless you are using a wicked cooling solution :P

Check the temps again with GPU-Z.

If they are again 6°C or similar during idle, the card is broken and you need to RMA it.

Thanks! I'll look into it immediately 

1 minute ago, Squid04 said:

It's the number I'm getting from afterburner though...

Afterburner.png

Umm... little thing, the name of the graph is above the graph itself, not below.

Your GPU is 29°C, that's fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

11 minutes ago, Squid04 said:

I'm having issues with my graphics card, a MSI GTX 1060 single fan (6gb), i have owned this card for about 3 weeks, and was working without issue. Problems started occurring late last night. I was playing Fifa 17 for about 12 hours, and the gpu fan went crazy, leading the monitor to lose signal from the gpu, while the rest of the pc still was on. I've checked the temperatures and the highest I've recorded is about 60 celsius (140 fahrenheit). The same issue happened to the pc while it was idle at 6 celsius (42 fahrenheit) the monitor lost signal from the gpu and the gpu fan went crazy loud. 

What could the issue be? 

Checked the fan header 

Soooo....guys, now that we've confirmed that I'm a idiot, and that I don't have a weird super cold graphics card, what could the issue be? the fan goes completely crazy at times, it doesn't even ramp up, it just goes from normal sound levels and speed to crazy... 

2 minutes ago, BadBear2004 said:

Checked the fan header 

If the fan is correctly connected? 

Soooo....guys, now that we've confirmed that I'm a idiot, and that I don't have a weird super cold graphics card, what could the issue be? the fan goes completely crazy at times, it doesn't even ramp up, it just goes from normal sound levels and speed to crazy... 

:D People can be confused, nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, it's good news that the temp sensor isn't ruined.

What psu (power supply unit) do you have?

Just now, Squid04 said:

Must be a harsh fan profile. Basically its set to go from pretty much nothing at 30C to prob around 80% at 55C and 100% at around 65C. I'm just guessing, but maybe have a look at the GPU fan curve in afterburner

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I think there might be a probolem with the heat sensor making there card run faster then it works to hard and crashes

If the fan is correctly connected? 

yeah

Just now, samcool55 said:

:D People can be confused, nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, it's good news that the temp sensor isn't ruined.

What psu (power supply unit) do you have?

Thanks for the understanding :D
Phew...I was getting afraid, my psu is a Corsair cx550m 

1 minute ago, BadBear2004 said:

yeah

I'll look into it promptly! Thanks 

Just now, Squid04 said:

I'll look into it promptly! Thanks 

Is it water cooled

Just uploading this, just in case someone sees something weird... 

GPU Z.png

Is it water cooled

No, it's only cooled with fans

Just uploading this, just in case someone sees something weird... 

GPU Z.png

cant see anthuing

2 minutes ago, Squid04 said:

Thanks for the understanding :D
Phew...I was getting afraid, my psu is a Corsair cx550m 

That shouldn't be an issue then.

I suggest taking a look at the event viewer and hopefully the logs tell us something useful.

You can access them by right clicking my PC -> manage -> event viewer

There should be a tab with critical that you can expand, whet we need is a kind of description that tells you what exactly happened.

I'm not running an english OS so i don't know the exact names for it :/

2 minutes ago, Squid04 said:

No, it's only cooled with fans

yeah those temos cant be right unless your living in the north pole ;D

8 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Must be a harsh fan profile. Basically its set to go from pretty much nothing at 30C to prob around 80% at 55C and 100% at around 65C. I'm just guessing, but maybe have a look at the GPU fan curve in afterburner

I'll look into the fan curve thingy might take a little time.. (still a little technologically illiterate) 

cruve.png

yeah those temos cant be right unless your living in the north pole ;D

We found out that it's 29C and not 6C....I didn't read the graphs correctly