Good gaming headset for under $100

David P.
2 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

I know, but technically the fact that Krakens are shit is an opinion. Technically. Yes, they sound bad, but you can't prove it with hard facts. Or can you?

Eh. Frequency response graphs can help, I can't find any for the Krakens. I'd love to see innerfidelity review those :P 

It's pretty much nothing but muddy bass blown up to the maximum and called "good."

But hey, they look good and they have branding.

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Now we're getting down to the phrasing.

"They sound good to me" vs what he said, "Very good audio quality" are two drastically different things. Only one of those things is an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

"Very good audio quality"

And where did that come from? Oh yes, the opinion of a "professional" :) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

I'll be damned if I ever say I'm a professional in my own field, much less audio :P 

6 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I'll be damned if I ever say I'm a professional in my own field, much less audio :P 

Well where did you get "very good audio quality" from? The stuff that other people has said thus basing your opinions and views on them. There's no such thing as product A is better than product B as it's all opinions after all.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

There's no such thing as product A is better than product B as it's all opinions after all.

If a pair of headphones allows you to distinguish certain tones that a different pair of headphones is unable to reproduce, wouldn't you say that the first one is objectively better?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

1 minute ago, Litargirio said:

If certain headphones allow you to distinguish certain tones that others are unable to reproduce, wouldn't you say that the first ones are objectively better?

True, that's like a hard fact, product B is unable to do something that product A can therefore product A is better but in this current scenario, the krakens are able to do everything that the clouds can but differently so...you know :P 

Jeez, I should have taken Philosophy....don't know why I'm feeling so philosophical right now...

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

but in this current scenario, the krakens are able to do everything that the clouds can but differently so...you know

Well, no. Technically, the krakens are less accurate.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Jeez, I should have taken Philosophy....don't know why I'm feeling so philosophical right now...

I tried studying Philosophy at University once, and it was kind of garbage.

They don't really teach you how to philosophize and think for yourself. You get taught sociology, anthropology, logic, greek mythology, general history, and maybe (just maybe) history about past philosophers. And other random crap that I never got to, because I dropped out after just 2 months. It was boring as fuck.

7 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

"Opinions" comes to mind when you say they are less accurate to be honest :P 

On a side note, I'm gonna stop replying so I stop spamming the poor OP

12 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

"Opinions" comes to mind when you say they are less accurate to be honest :P 

On a side note, I'm gonna stop replying so I stop spamming the poor OP

I like how you guys are still talking about this post a day after it happened, and I think ill end up going with the cloud II. I like what I see for it. And opinion has a big part of audio, some people may hear things differently. I like my turtle beach headset, the only thing I want a new one for is a better mic. But do you guys ever think that maybe people who have hearing damage (used as an example) may hear something a little different than you? So the kraken may sound much better to them but not to you. Also there may be to much bass in the headphones for instance, my turtle beach headset has a bass control on it and I don't see that on any other headset and some people may not like the amount of base that one headset has vs another. So I would say that it is an opinion, and telling someone their opinion is wrong and you are the only one who is right is just ridiculous. Not everyone is exactly the same either so your hearing could be a little different from someone elses. "Technically" doesn't matter what matters is if someone likes it or not, that's what I was asking originally, for someone to recommend a headset not everyone has tried every headset out there.