Set North On Galaxy S4?

iamdarkbowser

The compass on my Samsung Galaxy S4 always reads between about 10 degrees off and 90 degrees off north. Is there a way to set what the phone thinks north is, I have tried to calibrate the sensor but it always goes to that. Also is it a bad sign if the sensor moves when I tilt my phone or is that normal?

interesting. I have an app underdevelopment that records sensor data. later today if I give you the app you will share with me the data it produces?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

My phone always requires me to move the phone around in figure 8s for the compass to be accurate. 

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

interesting. I have an app underdevelopment that records sensor data. later today if I give you the app you will share with me the data it produces?

There are already apps that do that and if you "call" *#0*# it will lead you to a page that has a whole bunch of hardware related stuffs, including the sensors so I can already tell you the data it receives.  

5 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

My phone always requires me to move the phone around in figure 8s for the compass to be accurate. 

Doing that just points it 10-90 degrees off to the right.