Windows 7 update issue

Go to solution Solved by Delicieuxz,

You can find a solution, here: 

Mods, don't you think this information should be put into a sticky topic, since it's a regular question?

On a side note, if I did the free upgrade to 10 on one of my other pc's, if I did a fresh install on that PC and used the key I used to do the upgrade on to install 10 again would it work?

Not if the Windows 10 key used is OEM, and if it's registered to another PC. If it's retail, then you could use it, but you'd have to deactivate it on the other PC, by contacting Microsoft.

Anyone do a fresh install of windows 7 lately? I can't get the updates to work. It just there checking for updates. I did the off line installer. Downloaded 241 updates, only installed about 100. Can't get the rest to install. 

Running 7 ultimate, was gonna do a fresh install if wasn't a common issue yet as I though it was still being supported. Maybe something for corrupt during install. 

On a side note, if I did the free upgrade to 10 on one of my other pc's, if I did a fresh install on that PC and used the key I used to do the upgrade on to install 10 again would it work?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Mods, don't you think this information should be put into a sticky topic, since it's a regular question?

Not if the Windows 10 key used is OEM, and if it's registered to another PC. If it's retail, then you could use it, but you'd have to deactivate it on the other PC, by contacting Microsoft.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

45 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Thanks, I scrolled down hoping to find a post so I wouldn't start another one. 

Its a widows 7 key, I did the free upgrade. So I were to do a fresh install of windows 10 with the same key it was activated on, would that work? 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Thanks, I scrolled down hoping to find a post so I wouldn't start another one. 

Its a widows 7 key, I did the free upgrade. So I were to do a fresh install of windows 10 with the same key it was activated on, would that work? 

It would, providing that the key isn't already associated with a different PC. If it is, and it's a retail key, then you can transfer it to the new PC. If it is, and is an OEM key, then it typically can't be transferred, though you might still be able to if you contact Microsoft support about it and ask them to allow it.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

It would, providing that the key isn't already associated with a different PC. If it is, and it's a retail key, then you can transfer it to the new PC. If it is, and is an OEM key, then it typically can't be transferred, though you might still be able to if you contact Microsoft support about it and ask them to allow it.

Ok works for me. Guess I'll decide what to do if I can get this PC to update.