CAC cards (not so simple)

JCBiggs

I thought CAC cards  would be a simple windows service!!!!  this has proven to be more complex than I thought it would be. Does anyone have any idea how to get a small group of people setup with cac cards?  We are really trying to pump up our security here. 

2 hours ago, JCBiggs said:

I thought CAC cards  would be a simple windows service!!!!  this has proven to be more complex than I thought it would be. Does anyone have any idea how to get a small group of people setup with cac cards?  We are really trying to pump up our security here. 

Hmm, don't trust passwords?

Yours faithfully

Why is that that when I look up Common Access card the only thing I can find out about them is that the DoD uses them and that there's a black market of more than 3 million active cards?

Is there a type that's not limited to the Department of Defense?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I think CAC type cards are limited to government organizations. There are smart cards that and readers you can buy Amazon has the readers not sure about the cards. 

lol.. youre right.. it should be CA card.

its not that  I dont trust passwords... its just that a good password should be 16 digits long these days... and asking these workers to do that....well...

anyways. the smart card uses a pin, but it encrypts the session and on the next login the session keys change. it really is a pretty secure way to control access.. also we plan on using the cards for other things throughout the building as well. So i would be nice if I could figure out how to make this work on a trial with my division before we push it out to the company.