Wireless Headphones/Headset (that lets you hear environment)

xxx4reggie

So after breaking enough cables and USB parts of the headset because my kids needed me and I had totally forgotten I had headphones on (then ran to them) I think I'm done with wired headsets.

They are awesome but for my needs they just don't work like I would like it to. I've wasted way too much money and by now have learned that wired is not for me.

I then fell for the Logitech ones and I must say, the sidetone that it offers was awesome! I was able to hear the kids, talk to the wife and play games without needing to take the headset off, it was pretty damn great! Unfortunately the headset is so cheaply made that it breaks quick often, on my 3rd pair now and am just waiting for these to break too.

So I turn to you guys for help. I need a headphone/headset that offers sidetone. That lets me hear the kids and wife clearly if they need me. My kiddos are 2 and 4 so I need to always be there for the little guys. I have searched and searched but besides Logitech, I can't find any other manufacture that offers me to hear the environment while enjoying the sounds of gaming or music. 

I have seen other threads here similar to my post but for me I have to have the 2 items: wireless and sidetone.

My reasonable budget is $100 but if there is something really good that will last me years, $200 is fine by me.

Please help!

Damn... not a single reply. I guess no help here.

Admins, you can delete this post

I'm in the same boat man. Looking for the exact same thing. I wish people would reply sometimes :?

1 minute ago, Gruenbaum said:

I'm in the same boat man. Looking for the exact same thing. I wish people would reply sometimes :?

I gave up and ordered the Logitech 933. I know it's not the best headset out there but since I've had experience with Logitech for so long, I know it will work.

I'll try reddit to see if I get some help there.

If I get some advice, I'll post it here for you if you are still looking for it too.

On 19. 11. 2016 at 11:04 PM, xxx4reggie said:

OP

Do you absolutely need a headset? How about the Sennheiser open back design headphones?

Alternatively, if you're willing to step it up a bit in the price department, there's the Sennheiser G4ME ONE which is open back, so you should be able to hear your surroundings.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Just now, vojta.pokorny said:

Do you absolutely need a headset? How about the Sennheiser open back design headphones?

Alternatively, if you're willing to step it up a bit in the price department, there's the Sennheiser G4ME ONE which is open back, so you should be able to hear your surroundings.

Sorry the headset is wired. derp

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

On 21. 11. 2016 at 4:16 PM, xxx4reggie said:

I gave up and ordered the Logitech 933. I know it's not the best headset out there but since I've had experience with Logitech for so long, I know it will work.

I'll try reddit to see if I get some help there.

If I get some advice, I'll post it here for you if you are still looking for it too.

Actually, the Logitech G933 might just be the best option

The HUMBLE Computer:

OK so did some checking on reddit and found some recommendations for the wireless with sidetone.

after testing with the corsair, logitech turtle beach and one other, i honestly loved the logitech g933.

the build quality rocks, crystal clear sounds when family is talking to me.

best part is that when i walk far away and lose connection with the PC, the sidetone still works!! that was the deciding factor for me.

i've been now using it for 2 days and couldn't be happier. don't care for the rgb lights so turning that off gave me another 2 hours of battery. highly recommend this headset if you are in my situation

Interesting situation. I'm never having kids or pets LOL

But jokes aside, I don't really know of any wireless headsets in the first place... Especially if they're going to be open back. 

Good find on the Logitech. I'm wondering how different they are from whatever I'm using. 

14 minutes ago, tomoki said:

Interesting situation. I'm never having kids or pets LOL

But jokes aside, I don't really know of any wireless headsets in the first place... Especially if they're going to be open back. 

Good find on the Logitech. I'm wondering how different they are from whatever I'm using. 

lol, kids changed my entire gaming setup for my office! gone are the good days of raiding and fps shooters... :(

however if I were back in the single days, no questions asked it would have been the senn rf195 (wireless is still my thing :) )

Just now, xxx4reggie said:

lol, kids changed my entire gaming setup for my office! gone are the good days of raiding and fps shooters... :(

however if I were back in the single days, no questions asked it would have been the senn rf195 (wireless is still my thing :) )

Hahaha wait till they get older! Perhaps they'll think they have the coolest dad on earth. I'm the only one in my family who enjoys long gaming sessions and would've loved if someone else in my family enjoyed my hobbies as much as I do. 

That being said though, hopefully they don't jump on the train of "let's replace some 'old' hardware just because something new came out".