IT carrier, any info would help

bokylol

Hello, 
Im came to USA as 20year old, recently i got my green card.. 
Ive been working in fitness industry, but however i want my future to be in IT.. my original plan was to start college, but damn community college wants me to wait one year(even tho ive been living in CAlifornia for 3 years but on visa, now i have green card) to be considered in state student..
So idk what to do in following year, and i know i have to move forward..
Hopefully there are people on this forum that can assist me, by advising me, how to move to IT field... 
However i dont have parents, a lot of money or anything here.. So im trying to figure out everything on my own.
i was thinking about cisco certification and trying to find some better job in IT industry with that.. Do you guys think its worth it, how long it takes to get certificate and how much it cost? Any other advise u guys can give me how to start?
I practice python and C++ on daily bases tho :/

you can study for any certification here in the states with nothing more than the correct corresponding book, which you can usually get at a library or find used on amazon or any bookstore near a university. i would also advise getting work doing anything in any IT company, even if it is answering phones or doing customer support, as they will be way more likely to take you in as an IT guy once you get a certification. even if you have a degree, certifications are useful to have to set yourself apart. i have many friends who do IT here in the states and they all either have simple certifications or a combination of certifications with a community collage degree. honestly you could get apple certified and work at an apple store to get through collage 

thanks a lot for your respond man..
What certification u think are the most useful and valuable? 

19 minutes ago, bokylol said:

Hopefully there are people on this forum that can assist me, by advising me, how to move to IT field... 
However i dont have parents, a lot of money or anything here.. So im trying to figure out everything on my own.
i was thinking about cisco certification and trying to find some better job in IT industry with that.. Do you guys think its worth it, how long it takes to get certificate and how much it cost? Any other advise u guys can give me how to start?
I practice python and C++ on daily bases tho :/

Don't rely on degrees or certifications. If you're going to get a good position it will be based on what you know how to do. Graduate students are usually as stupid as rocks since they have no practice on their own doing anything difficult (they think homework is all they need to do). No, you need to know and understand your field well. If you don't have one, pick one. Specialize in it. Become it.

23 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Don't rely on degrees or certifications. If you're going to get a good position it will be based on what you know how to do. Graduate students are usually as stupid as rocks since they have no practice on their own doing anything difficult (they think homework is all they need to do). No, you need to know and understand your field well. If you don't have one, pick one. Specialize in it. Become it.

one question, what do u do, besides dota?