Water cooling... coolant?

I'm looking around at different manufacturers of coolant for a loop. So far, I like the way the EK stuff looks, but I want to get some ideas of other brands to take a look at that you've had good luck with.

I've had EK's Ekoolant in my system for about a year now and so far so good. No problems with it at all.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

castrol anit freeze

=======================Current Build=======================

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz Overclocked

GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 @ 1200 Mhz Oveclocked GPU boost 1400Mhz

Memory: Corsair Dominator 16Gb @ 3200 Mhz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Storage: Corsair Force GS 128Gb + WD2TB + Seagate 1TB

PSU: Corsair HX650

Lighting: NZXT HUE+ with extension

Display: LG 34' Ultrawide 3440x1440

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow x Chroma + Razer Firefly + Razer Mamba Chroma

Headphones: Astro A40 + Miniamp

Just now, Geoffrey said:

castrol anit freeze

I'm not a water cooling guru, but I'm 95% positive that's not the answer.
I'm also not a car guru, but I wouldn't use gasoline in my radiator (unless I've been doing cars wrong this whole time)

Just now, BlueWiszard said:

I'm not a water cooling guru, but I'm 95% positive that's not the answer.
I'm also not a car guru, but I wouldn't use gasoline in my radiator (unless I've been doing cars wrong this whole time)

antifreeze works fine

2 minutes ago, m_tieu said:

I've had EK's Ekoolant in my system for about a year now and so far so good. No problems with it at all.

It's your job to tell me otherwise from EK! Compare and contrast!

Just now, BlueWiszard said:

it ain't my job... im just a guy from the linustechtips forum. 

2 minutes ago, BlueWiszard said:

your rudeness aside. Antifreeze works just like water in a cooling solution with the advantage of avoiding corrosion which would be pretty important in a pc cooling loop 

People also use distilled water with anti corrosives and anti microbial additives. I like clear coolants to prevent any kind of gunk or color build up in the blocks or radiators. I've only ever used EK coolant but other people have had luck with primochill coolants and mayhems as well. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

ok so imma go ahead and contradict everyone's views here and say ill never use ek coolant again. used their blood red concentrate for about 6 months. first id like to say i loved the color but damn if it didnt stain everything it touches including your skin. but i can say what ever u want but without pics it means nothing so here they are. and why ill never use it again

my proof

Spoiler

20160620_124303.jpg20160620_233622.jpg20160620_232814.jpg20160621_003056.jpg20160621_001753.jpg20160621_003129.jpg

everything corroded. gold block plating started to chip along with res standed as well as all rigid petg tubing. nickel blocks as well. all of with is ek products. will never touch an ek coolant again. contacted them but never herd back

i now use mayhems concentrate red which isnt as nice looking but hasnt had problems yet

over 1k in water cooling parts ruined in less than 6 months

and my pc right now with mayhems coolant

20161117_122151.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Mayhem's is great, especially the x1 line. Pastels are also very sweet, and it seems like the reports of color changing are lessening.  (Though it's still not advised to let it get too hot)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

36 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Mayhem's is great, especially the x1 line. Pastels are also very sweet, and it seems like the reports of color changing are lessening.  (Though it's still not advised to let it get too hot)

do you mean like these (ek pastel coolant)?? one is with flashlight another  one without

DSC_0359.JPGDSC_0358.JPG

13 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

do you mean like these (ek pastel coolant)?? one is with flashlight another  one without

Spoiler

DSC_0359.JPGDSC_0358.JPG

ya, I think ek re-brands Mayhem's pastel, but maybe that is x1 and EVO.  Can't remember which or both.

Love the build by the way.  Is it starting to go red or is that just the lighting?  I remember it being quite orange in the wc gallery

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

ya, I think ek re-brands Mayhem's pastel, but maybe that is x1 and EVO.  Can't remember which or both.

Love the build by the way.  Is it starting to go red or is that just the lighting?  I remember it being quite orange in the wc gallery

The orange ek pastel was too bright for me. I wanted a darker orange and mixed it with red pastel. With white leds it was pink.

I have a darkened temper glass side panel. It was difficult to catch the color. 

It is sometimes orange sometimes pink in different room lights. Like chameleon.

That's why I build some warm white LEDs to keep it always in orange.

This F%&//ing pink made me so crazy....