IPMI drivers missing

jorgen943

soooo, my dell server is apparently missing the IPMI drivers. can find the drivers anywhere. anyone know how to fix it ??

" Inventory Failure: IPMI driver is disabled. Please enable or load the driver and then reboot the system. After reboot, run the Update Package again "

dell r730xd,   os: microsoft server 2012 r2. 

just got it 

1 minute ago, jorgen943 said:

dell r730xd,   os: microsoft server 2012 r2. 

just got it 

Is this the os install from dell? Id probably just call up dell, your paying for support.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is this the os install from dell? Id probably just call up dell, your paying for support.

its not the included os but anyway i might try and call them. 

They might possibly sell this little dongle that goes on your motherboard to give you that feature - usually it's just for idrac but I'm not sure if that would disable IPMI as well.

You shouldn't need the driver installed within windows to be able to remotely use IPMI to control the system.

you shouldn't need the IPMI drivers in windows as that is controlled through the BIOS or system firmware. My IPMI is controlled though the BIOS on my supermicro board. try looking in the BIOS or UEFI and see if there is a setting to disable IPMI if you dont need it

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

it should have the drivers in it's driver database, is the OS up to date? if not update it, sometimes windows update finds the drivers for a component in the system because Microsoft has it in their driver database.

it finds it but if you have a driver disk install it that way as it can be faster and easier to install

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!