Canon T3i

teddy710

Can someone give me an honest review from personal use or any feedback on this and whether it's worth it for a starter camera? And I'm planning on using it for nature stills and short film.

How much would you pay for it? It's almost six years old by now - entirely viable for photos, where the body you're using isn't generally the most important thing, but there are probably better options.

I have the nikon D5100 and its great, so I would expect the 600D (T3i) to be just as good. :) 

Here is a review and a comparison to the D5100:

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

I have the 600d, it's a great camera for the price and pretty sharp too and great if you would rather spend more on a lens. Although, for video I would probably stay away, records at 30fps and it turns out pretty bad.

2 hours ago, teddy710 said:

Can someone give me an honest review from personal use or any feedback on this and whether it's worth it for a starter camera? And I'm planning on using it for nature stills and short film.

Like many other cameras, the Canon T3i is a wonderful starter camera.  Of course, there are other options from Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, etc.  You're just starting out, remember there is going to be a learning curve before you start producing world class photos and videos.  So don't set yourself up for disappointment by having high expectations.  Take the time to learn and develop the skills, by the time you feel ready and confident enough, any starter camera you buy now will be seriously outdated and you'll very likely have a better idea of which camera to buy as a replacement.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Like many other cameras, the Canon T3i is a wonderful starter camera.  Of course, there are other options from Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, etc.  You're just starting out, remember there is going to be a learning curve before you start producing world class photos and videos.  So don't set yourself up for disappointment by having high expectations.  Take the time to learn and develop the skills, by the time you feel ready and confident enough, any starter camera you buy now will be seriously outdated and you'll very likely have a better idea of which camera to buy as a replacement.

Thanks for the advice. Seems like that's how it'd be!