Pc wont start

TripleOG
Go to solution Solved by DunePilot,

I would try this in this order.

CPU fan plugged in, make sure 8 pin and 24 pin are plugged in good, try a CMOS reset, try reseating RAM, unhook USB/Firewire headers in case there is a short in a case plug.

Hey. im here to find answer to 1 question. today i decidet to change thermal paste for my gpu and cpu.

All went good. but when i try to turn my pc on, it does not turn on fully.

2-4Seconds after pressing power button it shuts itsel off. then it starts again and of. in circle. 

At first i thought that i messed up gpu. i remove it. still no changes. then i put it back and remove cpu. and guess what. pc turns on fully. but none pc can wirm without cpu.

Please dont tell me that cpy broken again?? 

How much thermal paste did you apply to them, and double check that none is in the socket or on the pins for the cpu.

Is there any display output when it does power for 2-4 seconds?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I would try this in this order.

CPU fan plugged in, make sure 8 pin and 24 pin are plugged in good, try a CMOS reset, try reseating RAM, unhook USB/Firewire headers in case there is a short in a case plug.

I had same problem. It was bad turn-on cable. Try turning it on with screwdriver.

I applied 1 line of thermal. about 1.5cm long. thermal by cooler master

25 minutes ago, TripleOG said:

Please dont tell me that cpy broken again?? 

Why was it broken the first time? No bend pins btw? And the thermal ammount seems a bit much to me, so check that none have come out into the socket. Take out the 8 and 24 pin and reseat.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Just did ram reset. now pc boots and posts. but windows 10 manages to be broken.

What ever option i try does nothing1479313457865-1165337235.jpg

Edit:

Cpu pins are perfect. just placed ram stick back to its original place. and it seems it fixed itself. 

Thnx everyone for helping.

4 minutes ago, TripleOG said:

Just did ram reset. now pc boots and posts. but windows 10 manages to be broken.

What ever option i try dows nothing1479313457865-1165337235.jpg

Go back into BIOS and reset to optimized defaults and save and reset. Also, check boot order and make sure it's right. Hopefully it will fix itself on the next boot.

4 minutes ago, Kmaf2002 said:

You didn't Do this did you?

No no i didnt. My microwave is too small for my full tower win10 pc :D

4 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Go back into BIOS and reset to optimized defaults and save and reset. Also, check boot order and make sure it's right. Hopefully it will fix itself on the next boot.

Yes i already post that i did ram stick slot changes and it managed to fix itself :D

How do i close this topic :)