New Details on Wireless Vive Kit Released

Fluffinator

http://uploadvr.com/tpcast-latency-vive-wireless-kit/

Update: HTC addressed skepticismsurrounding the accessory’s ability to stream VR wirelessly with little latency.

The mystery behind Vive X company TPCAST’s wireless upgrade kit for the HTC Vive continues to deepen. Previously, a translation of the Chinese group’s site suggested that its solution for tetherless PC-based VR offered at best 15ms of latency, which caused concern for some. Now a new page suggests there’s been a drastic improvement.

This new page, seemingly added over the weekend, states that the wireless upgrade adds less than 2ms of latency showing images in 2K at 90fps. It also notes the product is designed “specifically for Vive”, whereas the previous page noted that its tech could be adapted to suit any VR headset. Some new concept images of the kit have surfaced too, which we’ve included in this post.

This is looking promising 

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Finally a we can VR freely without tripping on those wires until the battery dies out which I don't know which is worse: fall on your face and have the falling VR experience from tripping or get total blackout in a helmet

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Finally a we can VR freely without tripping on those wires until the battery dies out which I don't know which is worse: fall on your face and have the falling VR experience from tripping or get total blackout in a helmet

It would be awesome if as the battery does it cuased your charater to fall and black out. 

Awesome to anyome watching at least. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

16 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

It would be awesome if as the battery does it cuased your charater to fall and black out. 

Awesome to anyome watching at least. 

Like sword art online. 

I can't wait to get mine.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

They better give one to Linus to review these things sold out in 18 minutes :S 

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

16 minutes ago, GooDBoY920 said:

Correct the color so night theme users can read it!!

http://uploadvr.com/tpcast-latency-vive-wireless-kit/

Update: HTC addressed skepticismsurrounding the accessory’s ability to stream VR wirelessly with little latency.

The mystery behind Vive X company TPCAST’s wireless upgrade kit for the HTC Vive continues to deepen. Previously, a translation of the Chinese group’s site suggested that its solution for tetherless PC-based VR offered at best 15ms of latency, which caused concern for some. Now a new page suggests there’s been a drastic improvement.

This new page, seemingly added over the weekend, states that the wireless upgrade adds less than 2ms of latency showing images in 2K at 90fps. It also notes the product is designed “specifically for Vive”, whereas the previous page noted that its tech could be adapted to suit any VR headset. Some new concept images of the kit have surfaced too, which we’ve included in this post.

This is looking promising.

There you go.

This is looking a bit sketchy so far. Only HTC China has commented on it, not the main company. And the China-only preorder when practically no info was available...

Hope I'm wrong to worry.