Lumens related question~

Kenji the Uke

So :3 I bought myself a new bike and I will be going on rural roads where there are literally no lights. I hear that the recommended lumens is around 400, but on amazon you can get a two pack of 300 lumen lights. If I get both, will it atleast kinda make it like 400? I mean, I'm sure that it doesnt scale, if at all, but just curious. Because I can combine two, but would it just be worth buying something with higher lumens, or will the two pack of 300 lumens be fine?

Moist

17 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

So :3 I bought myself a new bike and I will be going on rural roads where there are literally no lights. I hear that the recommended lumens is around 400, but on amazon you can get a two pack of 300 lumen lights. If I get both, will it atleast kinda make it like 400? I mean, I'm sure that it doesnt scale, if at all, but just curious. Because I can combine two, but would it just be worth buying something with higher lumens, or will the two pack of 300 lumens be fine?

It doesn't stack exactly because of the fact that the two lights are positioned in different locations, thus illuminating slightly different areas.

But in your case, two 300 Lumen lights will DEFINITELY appear brighter then one 400 lumen light. It helps that you'll likely have said lights side by side on the bike.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

30 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It doesn't stack exactly because of the fact that the two lights are positioned in different locations, thus illuminating slightly different areas.

But in your case, two 300 Lumen lights will DEFINITELY appear brighter then one 400 lumen light. It helps that you'll likely have said lights side by side on the bike.

Aww yis. Thank you owo

Moist

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

400 isn't that bright is it?  Wouldn't something brighter be more helpful on a pitch black rural road at night.  

1 hour ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Aww yis. Thank you owo

Owo?

I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS >:C SO I WILL BE TYPING HERE. owo is a face I use~ And I'm not sure if 400 is bright owo I dont have anything to compare anything to. And I'd love to get the much much brighter ones, but those tend to be 70 dollars and up

Moist

1 hour ago, Kenji the Uke said:
3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS >:C SO I WILL BE TYPING HERE. owo is a face I use~ And I'm not sure if 400 is bright owo I dont have anything to compare anything to. And I'd love to get the much much brighter ones, but those tend to be 70 dollars and up

You can edit your on posts FYI so you could've done that.  ?

What sort of face is "owo" supposed to be?

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

400 isn't that bright is it?  Wouldn't something brighter be more helpful on a pitch black rural road at night.  

Owo?

400 lumens is pretty bright for a flashlight/spotlight. It's obviously hard to say how sufficient it would be without something to compare to.

Doing some quick research, a focused (forward pointing) light at 400 lumens should illuminate clearly up to about 30m (about 98 feet).

And remember he wants to buy 2x 300 lumen lamps, thus giving a total output of 600 lumens (although slightly more dispersed compared to a single lamp).

@Kenji the Uke, you're honestly gonna have to pick one and just test it out, but I would definitely go with the 2-pack 300 lumen lamps over the one 400 lumen one, assuming you can mount them both on the front of the bike (On either side of the handlebar, side by side, for example).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

29 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

You can edit your on posts FYI so you could've done that.  ?

What sort of face is "owo" supposed to be?

I would assume similar to =3

Just now, MatazaNZ said:

I would assume similar to =3

I never did understand that emoticon. Either you've got a swanky bushy moustache like Luigi or Nick Offerman, or your chin looks like a pair of testicles.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I never did understand that emoticon. Either you've got a swanky bushy moustache like Luigi or Nick Offerman, or your chin looks like a pair of testicles.

No it's your mouth. It's like your eyes are super happy and your mouth is all curled up.

Just now, theninja35 said:

No it's your mouth. It's like your eyes are super happy and your mouth is all curled up.

Yeeaaahhhh... except that's not what your mouth looks like when you're super happy and your mouth is curled up :P

I stand by my original assessment. It looks more like testicle-chin, or a swanky bushy moustache.

17 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeeaaahhhh... except that's not what your mouth looks like when you're super happy and your mouth is curled up :P

I stand by my original assessment. It looks more like testicle-chin, or a swanky bushy moustache.

71f27dc45c15c3e1fc860049b00aef98.jpg

But it's so cute.

Spoiler

1475778132683.jpg

tumblr_inline_nsc3u7LvbS1sliovc_500.gif

hanekawa.jpg

konata.jpg

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

71f27dc45c15c3e1fc860049b00aef98.jpg

But it's so cute.

Reveal hidden contents

1475778132683.jpg

tumblr_inline_nsc3u7LvbS1sliovc_500.gif

hanekawa.jpg

konata.jpg

Ahh Anime, making people's faces look like cats since forever ;):P

Ahh Anime, making people's faces look like cats since forever ;):P

Its true, I'm watching an anime air right now that shows that so it must be factual 

Moist