High end PC Low preformance?

Hello, its my first post here so go easy,

after upgrading my PC to a current system im not receiving the performance im expecting,

my specs:

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-S2H-GSM (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX

ZOTAC 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ZTSSD-A4P-120G (For windows boot)

Seagate 1TB Laptop Solid State Hybrid Hard Disk Drive with Self-Encryption (SED) - 5400 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5"

EVERCOOL HPL-815EP Ever Lubricate CPU Cooler

COOLMAX CU series CU-700B 700W ATX12V SLI Ready Modular and Compatible with Core i3/i5/i7 Power Supply

running all on WIN 7 64 bit  displayed on a

LG 27UD68-P 27" 16:9 4K UHD IPS Monitor (Runing at 1440P not 4k) primary

acerS230HL (1080p) secondary 

while gaming im running bf1 at medium settings 1440p borderless, and the game runs between 30-50 fps dropping  down to 20 fps in  some instances.  and the same results running  my  lg monitior at 1080p

please let me know what you think is going on and ways to improve this!

thank you  

^ That

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

3 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

telling us the gpu would be helpful 

my bad, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Video/Graphics Cards GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD

4 minutes ago, fabrizi96 said:

Hello, its my first post here so go easy,

after upgrading my PC to a current system im not receiving the performance im expecting,

my specs:

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-S2H-GSM (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX

ZOTAC 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ZTSSD-A4P-120G (For windows boot)

Seagate 1TB Laptop Solid State Hybrid Hard Disk Drive with Self-Encryption (SED) - 5400 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5"

EVERCOOL HPL-815EP Ever Lubricate CPU Cooler

COOLMAX CU series CU-700B 700W ATX12V SLI Ready Modular and Compatible with Core i3/i5/i7 Power Supply

running all on WIN 7 64 bit  displayed on a

LG 27UD68-P 27" 16:9 4K UHD IPS Monitor (Runing at 1440P not 4k) primary

acerS230HL (1080p) secondary 

while gaming im running bf1 at medium settings 1440p borderless, and the game runs between 30-50 fps dropping  down to 20 fps in  some instances.  and the same results running  my  lg monitior at 1080p

please let me know what you think is going on and ways to improve this!

thank you  

to me there is a list, you bought a K series chip but only an H rated MB, why not a Z rated or why not stick with the 6700 non-K?

ram speed is very low for ddr4

the hybrid drive is honestly a waste of money. especially that you have a 120gb boot, though i would have gone with a better brand like samsung 850 evo ssd.

2 minutes ago, fabrizi96 said:

my bad, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Video/Graphics Cards GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD

what are your temps?

1 minute ago, Andrew Storlie said:

to me there is a list, you bought a K series chip but only an H rated MB, why not a Z rated or why not stick with the 6700 non-K?

ram speed is very low for ddr4

the hybrid drive is honestly a waste of money. especially that you have a 120gb boot, though i would have gone with a better brand like samsung 850 evo ssd.

so with the MB is the H rated for different chips?

1 minute ago, Napo5000 said:

what are your temps?

the peak i  saw while  gaming was 54C

1 minute ago, fabrizi96 said:

so with the MB is the H rated for different chips?

the K on your cpu means it unlocked for overclocking, the H on the motherboard means your MB isnt meant for OC... only Z rated boards are meant for overclocking

the K on your cpu means it unlocked for overclocking, the H on the motherboard means your MB isnt meant for OC... only Z rated boards are meant for overclocking

No Z170 is meant for crossfire.  H series chips can still over-clock.

I would reload the OS and reinstall all drivers.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Storlie said:

would  you recomend going to  Win 10, i feel comfortabel with Win 7 but would it be more streamline upgrading to win 10 with new generation hardware

(Disregard Andrew)

Edited by fabrizi96

Just now, cpuwaiy said:

this is a joke right? Z is meant for Xfire? no just no, stop spreading wrong info... and yes H seires will OC but i never said they wouldnt, i said they arent MEANT for OC... 

2 minutes ago, cpuwaiy said:

would  you recomend going to  Win 10, i feel comfortabel with Win 7 but would it be more streamline upgrading to win 10 with new generation hardware

Just now, fabrizi96 said:

yes windows 10... 

this is a joke right? Z is meant for Xfire? no just no, stop spreading wrong info... and yes H seires will OC but i never said they wouldnt, i said they arent MEANT for OC... 

Do your research before you talk so big....

You know jack

3 minutes ago, Andrew Storlie said:

PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots This could catch a few out – Thankfully it will only be a few as many are not going to try and scrimp on a motherboard when running multiple graphics cards. If a particular H170 motherboard comes with a second PCI-E x16 slot don’t go planning on installing another graphics card – the second PCI-E x 16 is a 2.0 port rather than a 3.0 port and also only runs a x4 speed. H170 only supports one PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot.

Here you go Storlie - How you like them apples?

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/h170-and-z170-difference-a-70.html

From your cited web page smarty.  Who is the idiot now???

"For the 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes that are available from all Skylake-S CPUs, the Z170 chipset has the ability to split up the lanes two or three ways which allows for the use of multiple video cards or simply more PCIe devices to be directly connected to the CPU as long as they do not need to run at full x16 speeds."

Just now, cpuwaiy said:

PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots This could catch a few out – Thankfully it will only be a few as many are not going to try and scrimp on a motherboard when running multiple graphics cards. If a particular H170 motherboard comes with a second PCI-E x16 slot don’t go planning on installing another graphics card – the second PCI-E x 16 is a 2.0 port rather than a 3.0 port and also only runs a x4 speed. H170 only supports one PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot.

Here you go Storlie - How you like them apples?

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/h170-and-z170-difference-a-70.html

can we please get a moderator in here to clear this up... this guy is spreading wrong info...  for Xfire and SLI it depends on your MB specs and your availible pci lanes on your cpu and your plx chip... a Z rated MB is built and designed for OC K series CPUs you can sli and xfire on even a B rated MB if you wanted, just has to be supported by the MB. please for gods sake just leave this thread

Just now, Andrew Storlie said:

can we please get a moderator in here to clear this up... this guy is spreading wrong info...  for Xfire and SLI it depends on your MB specs and your availible pci lanes on your cpu and your plx chip... a Z rated MB is built and designed for OC K series CPUs you can sli and xfire on even a B rated MB if you wanted, just has to be supported by the MB. please for gods sake just leave this thread

look i have no intrest in overcloing  right now  so can we drop this and get back to possible  solutions,  im upgrading to win 10 as we speak any other possible  soultions. 

ive  already tried to unpark all my cores...  anything else?

ive informed a moderator of this topic, sorry OP for the mess but i dont want you getting wrong information. 

Just now, Andrew Storlie said:

ive informed a moderator of this topic, sorry OP for the mess but i dont want you getting wrong information. 

fair enough, thank you!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Storlie said:

I'm waiting for

1.  Your proposed solution to this problem.

2. A Moderator to clear this up,  I can't wait to hear.

13 minutes ago, fabrizi96 said:

look i have no intrest in overcloing  right now  so can we drop this and get back to possible  solutions,  im upgrading to win 10 as we speak any other possible  soultions. 

ive  already tried to unpark all my cores...  anything else?

i started a seperate topic about this stuff, few people are posting already, cpuwaiy, please go read it, not trying to be mean or anything of that nature i simply want the right info to be given out to the right people. i would like if you commenting in the thread i made, i want you to defend your side so we can have an adult, in depth talk about it. even if i turn out wrong then atleast we both know. 

for OP, if you dont plan to OC, having a K rated cpu is unneeded, return and get a regular 6700 if possible. use the money for something else, but yes, windows 10 upgrade and redo all your drivers and stuff