Headset for cheap

FelixTheOG

I am looking for a cheap headset (under $50) that would be good for games like Overwatch.

Currently i have the Turtle Beach PX22 but tit has broken.

Thanks

i know the limit is less than 50$ but the hyperx cloud stinger is at 50$ and it has gotten good reviews 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

With headsets you pay more for less. Consider a cheap lapel microphone like this Sony one here, or any other similar option. Pair that with a headphone in the <$50 section of this thread here. For headphones that come to my mind, I've tried the Sennheiser HD201 and those could be an option, haven't properly listened to them to get an idea of what they sound like though. The HD202 Mk II costs a bit more but could also be used.  

28 minutes ago, FoxyOrange said:

With headsets you pay more for less. Consider a cheap lapel microphone like this Sony one here, or any other similar option. Pair that with a headphone in the <$50 section of this thread here. For headphones that come to my mind, I've tried the Sennheiser HD201 and those could be an option, haven't properly listened to them to get an idea of what they sound like though. The HD202 Mk II costs a bit more but could also be used.  

OMG! No. Superlux is hot steamy garbage. Expect poor ergonomics and painful ear-shrieking treble. I literally trashed my Superlux HD681. They were unbearable. I would rather use the earbuds that came with my phone instead. 

Get the Beyerdynamic DTX 910 for $40 (or $21 slightly used):

https://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Stereo-Headphones-Portable-Silver/dp/B0032EQRR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479092777&sr=8-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+dtx+910

I cannot recommend Superlux headphones with a straight face anymore. Not unless you're deaf and have a tiny head. 

5 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

OMG! No. Superlux is hot steamy garbage.

Haven't used them my self, just assumed that the thread there was a safe bet. Good to hear some user experience from them though, and to know to avoid them.

Good idea recommending used too, didn't think of that. Could get something quite a bit nicer for a lot less.

3 hours ago, FoxyOrange said:

Haven't used them my self, just assumed that the thread there was a safe bet. Good to hear some user experience from them though, and to know to avoid them.

Good idea recommending used too, didn't think of that. Could get something quite a bit nicer for a lot less.

I may have been harsh though. The Superlux are known for having uncomfortably elevated treble. If that doesn't bother you, then you're golden. It's a shame because the HD 681 had some of the best bass I had ever heard. Everything else sounded clear as well. It's just...that treble! It's so painful. 

To make matters worse, the self-adjusting headband was so tight that it pulled my ears up. That's not something you think about when buying headphones. 

All in one solution = HyperX cloud core. Cloud line sounds the same, differences are in the accessories.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|