Monoprice Beginning to Offer Computer Components

StuS

105781.jpg

Monoprice recently added an ATX Mid-Tower case to their product offerings.

Minus the sales pitch, the case is optimized for air cooling, and includes 5 120mm fans (3 are LED). A 3-channel fan controller is located up by the front IO.

It is constructed of heavy-duty 0.8mm steel and measures 20.1" x 9.1" x 20.7" (510 x 232 x 526 mm) (LWH). It has three 5.25" drive bays and eight 3.5" drive bays with toolless drive mounting options.

There is 11.8" (300mm) of VGA clearance or 16.9" (430mm) if you remove a drive bay. The case is painted black, inside and out.

The front panel includes two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a card reader.

By Monoprice standards the case is rather expensive, launching at $95.70.

This is the first computer component Monoprice has attempted, which hopefully will succeed. If it does Monoprice could bring a full line of high value components that are constantly iterated based on customer feedback. The case is listed under the category Cases | Cooling | Power Supplies, so it would appear more are already in the works.

Source: Monoprice

Look at that top I/O!

105784.jpg

I wonder if the hard drive cages are removable...

ySHFv5Bwot_cscitvanlte.jpg

looks like an adaptation of the cit vantage case...

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

I like the look, and the specs seem pretty solid though I'm not sure I really want to spend $100 on a case. I know that's not all that expensive in the grander scheme of things, but I'm just not sure what a case would offer that I would find to be worth that much.

Man that's the ugliest and cheapest thing I saw this month.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I think this is aimed at users who want a pc high end specs and a rugged, workstation look. Not my thing. And i believe it is expensive because it is their first product and they need to cover R&D costs and save money for possible future installments.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)