Need bench marking help

Dalynx

my gtx 1080 has been really acting up recently , please please please anyone with a gtx 1080 test the following 

Dirty Bomb, Rainbow six siege, and Dayz and any other free games, please i'm serious in need. <3 Thanks to anyone who helps

Typing all this out is gonna kill me guys :(

Day 1 Around 2 weeks ago the card began clocking scarily low (1300-1600), naturally i shit myself as games such as payday 2,Dayz and dirty bomb would barely stay above 60 fps no matter what i did.

Day 2-7 Getting a reply from gigabyte's Tech help team (They take way to long to reply). After all that time the end of the conversation was that they had no clue and recommended i called warranty with where i got it from.

Day 8-10 (Pissed that gigabyte had no clue) I tried their social media until i got through to a guy who could help me (Or at least i hoped, granted he was pretty quick and at least seemed to give a shit).

He got me to try the following things (I'm saying these so you guys don't recommend them as well). Test its thermals (Kinda toasty at 65-70 degrees) but that was okay, Wipe and reinstall my drivers using DDU (Never doing that again it scared the shit outta me with how unhappy it made my Pc), but i got through that and moved onto to the next step, Which was to tell him my cpu, he said it was a good enough cpu (I7 6700K). He then thought i could've had fucking malware which could bottleneck my cpu, i quickly shut that idea down with some afterburner stats (Malware, what kinda shit is that to think off). He then said it was a driver issue, which it couldn't be as i just did what he said to fix the drivers. So we moved on once more to the most recent point, He admitted he also had no idea what could be killing it, He recommended and RMA (which would cost around £20), i said maybe so i could see my options.

Day 11-Now. Things began looking up i thought , as Dayz had stopped freezing as much, i then tried Dirty bomb to see same sucky frames and the frequent freezes in unigine heaven, Fps as low as 35 on Dayz so i new something couldn't  be right.

Now-.... The place i brought it from charges £25 for false warranty claims, which is why i came here, so i could do one last look before filing a warranty claim, which is why i need help from you guys, I'm sure you all understand how stressed i am, so please please help i just want my card to be okay again (P.s yea i tried the Nvidia performance setting)

4 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

(Malware, what kinda shit is that to think off)

sure, it might seem ridiculous, but this is actually a very valid point. try doing a complete sweep with malwarebytes or something simmilar.

anyway, could we have your complete system specs, and also what version of the GPU driver you're at. it might still be a driver issue, in that you need to roll back to a previous driver. i dunno about this though, as such a faulty driver should have atleast been noticed by more people?

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

sure, it might seem ridiculous, but this is actually a very valid point. try doing a complete sweep with malwarebytes or something simmilar.

anyway, could we have your complete system specs, and also what version of the GPU driver you're at. it might still be a driver issue, in that you need to roll back to a previous driver. i dunno about this though, as such a faulty driver should have atleast been noticed by more people?

We outed malware with gigabyte as my cpu is performing like a dream with perfect usage results

I've been on 3 different drivers, the two that gigabyte recommend and the newest one

My specs are as follows

gtx 1080 gigabyte wind-force OC

I7 6700K

16gb's of Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz ram

Gigabyte gaming 3 Mobo 

and a 700w powersupply from cooler master (fairly well rated and performing well)

4 fans to keep the cooling up

A 2TB hard drive from toshiba ( i think its toshiba)

and a 240gb ssd from hyper X ( i think)

7 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

We outed malware with gigabyte as my cpu is performing like a dream with perfect usage results

I've been on 3 different drivers, the two that gigabyte recommend and the newest one

My specs are as follows

gtx 1080 gigabyte wind-force OC

I7 6700K

16gb's of Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz ram

Gigabyte gaming 3 Mobo 

and a 700w powersupply from cooler master (fairly well rated and performing well)

4 fans to keep the cooling up

A 2TB hard drive from toshiba ( i think its toshiba)

and a 240gb ssd from hyper X ( i think)

with those specs you should be seeing better fps(im guessing you are gaming at 1440p or 4K). i would RMA it because its not preforming like it should. get yourself a new card :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

with those specs you should be seeing better fps(im guessing you are gaming at 1440p or 4K). i would RMA it because its not preforming like it should. get yourself a new card :) 

1080p........

Just now, Dalynx said:

1080p........

.... you should be seeing like 200fps in everything basically.... there is definatly something wrong here, also just making sure, the display cable is pluged into the GTX 1080 right? otherwise you are using your IGPU which would explain the fps 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

and it costs £20 to get it rma'd

.... you should be seeing like 200fps in everything basically.... there is definatly something wrong here, also just making sure, the display cable is pluged into the GTX 1080 right? otherwise you are using your IGPU which would explain the fps 

dude xD what a question xD of course its in the card xD

Just now, Dalynx said:

dude xD what a question xD of course its in the card xD

just making sure. you never know lol, also have you checked all cables and all that? im guessing you have but like i said, you never know

1 minute ago, Dalynx said:

and it costs £20 to get it rma'd

its cheaper then another 1080

Builds:

Spoiler

just making sure. you never know lol, also have you checked all cables and all that? im guessing you have but like i said, you never know

its cheaper then another 1080

yea i have the cables, i don't have £20 :/ and they will just tell me to take it to the place i brought it from , which charge £25 if it's "Okay"

Just now, Dalynx said:

yea i have the cables, i don't have £20 :/ and they will just tell me to take it to the place i brought it from , which charge £25 if it's "Okay"

well its NOT OK like REALLY NOT OK xD so thats fine :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well its NOT OK like REALLY NOT OK xD so thats fine :) 

are you sure cuz it did do 160 in rainbow six siege today

Just now, Dalynx said:

are you sure cuz it did do 160 in rainbow six siege today

well it has problems, if its not reaching 60 in some titles maxed out at 1080p there is something wrong with that GTX 1080, because my GTX 970 can basically max out anything i throw at it lol

Builds:

Spoiler

well it has problems, if its not reaching 60 in some titles maxed out at 1080p there is something wrong with that GTX 1080, because my GTX 970 can basically max out anything i throw at it lol

Even Dayz?

Just now, Dalynx said:

Even Dayz?

well maybe not DayZ maxed out because that is super hard to run lol, but the other titles it should do over 60fps easy

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well maybe not DayZ maxed out because that is super hard to run lol, but the other titles it should do over 60fps easy

try dirty bomb plzz

Just now, Dalynx said:

try dirty bomb plzz

sure, il try it. its going to take a while to download but here are the specs of the machine im on currently seeing as my main PC in in parts in the kitchen lol

I7 2600

GTX 660

4GB DDR3

150GB WD RAPTOR X

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67

also download some benchmarks like heaven and compare your fps and score to what other people are getting

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure, il try it. its going to take a while to download but here are the specs of the machine im on currently seeing as my main PC in in parts in the kitchen lol

I7 2600

GTX 660

4GB DDR3

150GB WD RAPTOR X

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67

also download some benchmarks like heaven and compare your fps and score to what other people are getting

They just freeze and kill its fps, thanks for the help mate i really need it 

Just now, Dalynx said:

They just freeze and kill its fps, thanks for the help mate i really need it 

no problem, just a heads up that this PC seems to have a problem because i have two 660s but only one is detected and working, i will however take the other one that isnt cooperating out before i test anything tho :) expected download time is about 50mins lol

Builds:

Spoiler

no problem, just a heads up that this PC seems to have a problem because i have two 660s but only one is detected and working, i will however take the other one that isnt cooperating out before i test anything tho :) expected download time is about 50mins lol

if i was you mate i'd try n get a cheap sli bridge and see if that helps, unless you got one of those super expensive ones haha

Just now, Dalynx said:

if i was you mate i'd try n get a cheap sli bridge and see if that helps, unless you got one of those super expensive ones haha

i have anotherone that came with the motherboard, just havent had the time to try it yet, its easier to compare results with single card setups too because SLI scaleing is strange. anyway what settings are you using in dirtybomb? so i know what i should put there to make the test compareable

Builds:

Spoiler

i have anotherone that came with the motherboard, just havent had the time to try it yet, its easier to compare results with single card setups too because SLI scaleing is strange. anyway what settings are you using in dirtybomb? so i know what i should put there to make the test compareable

All ultra 1080p

2 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

All ultra 1080p

ok thanks, will try and report back in about an hour or so probably

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok thanks, will try and report back in about an hour or so probably

Make sure to try your bridge first mate as i don't wanna waste your time on my shit when you have problems, the new bridge of course lol

9 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

Reformat if you want to be sure. Looking at your post it could very well be a malware issue. 

how would i have gotten malware, avg says i'm fine