Best silent hi proformance fans

Morgiee

Hi all  I imagine this question has been asked 1 million times.  Most of my fans in my tower pc are silent even at full load.  However just watercooled my graphics card with the EVGA hybrid cooler for the gtx1070.  But the fan provided although pulling through a lot of air is really noisy and isn't fan speed controllable its stuck to one speed.  I control all my fans via a nzxt sentry 3 fan controller.  I can control my other fans via the controller but even with the evga fan plugged into it, it doesn't recognise the fan. 

So what are the most popular or know best "silent under load" high speed fans to keep my 120mm rad cool but silent?  The silent corsair fans I have inside the tower aren't powerful enough to keep my radiator cool so they are used as exhaust and general case cooling fans.

Thanks

Noctua NF-F12 is about the best you can get. There are options if you don't want the dirty tan/brown ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-NF-F12-iPPC-2000-PWM/dp/B00KFCR5BA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478864563&sr=8-3&keywords=noctua+NF-f12

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I had the same problem of my fans not getting recognized. Turned out that my BIOS set the fan headers to DC instead of PWM. Try if you can find a setting in your BIOS that'll allow you to change the type of power delivery to the fan headers.

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

1 minute ago, Floris_Heinen said:

I had the same problem of my fans not getting recognized. Turned out that my BIOS set the fan headers to DC instead of PWM. Try if you can find a setting in your BIOS that'll allow you to change the type of power delivery to the fan headers.

Thanks will look into this however most of my fans inc the noisy fan is controlled off a fan controller not the motherboard anymore and that is powered via molex from the psu

8 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Noctua NF-F12 is about the best you can get. There are options if you don't want the dirty tan/brown ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-NF-F12-iPPC-2000-PWM/dp/B00KFCR5BA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478864563&sr=8-3&keywords=noctua+NF-f12

Thanks heard about these looks to be the business.  Yeah the brown is a horrible colour as you can see inside my case.  So is their different colour options?

1 minute ago, Morgiee said:

Thanks will look into this however most of my fans inc the noisy fan is controlled off a fan controller not the motherboard anymore and that is powered via molex from the psu

Thanks heard about these looks to be the business.  Yeah the brown is a horrible colour as you can see inside my case.  So is their different colour options?

Ahh sorry, didn't read that correctly. 

As for fans, the Phanteks PH-F120MP is a solid choice, often referred to as the cheap NF-F12.

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

What fan is too loud? Why would you run any fans at high speed if you want low noise? Just lower the fan speed. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.