CPU or GPU?

Raxul

I have intel core i7 3770, and GTX 1060 need recommendation which one should i upgrade first, i have this cpu since the first time it's released and never upgrade it ever since if i upgrade the cpu i would probably go for core i7 6700k, but on the other hand if i would upgrade my gpu, i would go for gtx 1070 and only gtx 1070

Eager To Learn

Go for the CPU. Your graphics card is fairly good. Your Cpu is a little bit out of date. I would recommend anything from a intel 4th gen series or up (For example i7 4790k) but anything above a 4th gen series should be good.

If you already have an GTX 1060, you didn't buy it that long ago... If you want to upgrade, I would go for some 1080, instead of the 1070...

Just now, gamingpolice1102 said:

Go for the CPU. Your graphics card is fairly good. Your Cpu is a little bit out of date. I would recommend anything from a intel 4th gen series or up (For example i7 4790k) but anything above a 4th gen series should be good.

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

If you already have an GTX 1060, you didn't buy it that long ago... If you want to upgrade, I would go for some 1080, instead of the 1070...

well, i suddenly made an unexpected fortune, and i would like to use it for upgrade

Eager To Learn

Just now, Raxul said:

well, i suddenly made an unexpected fortune, and i would like to use it for upgrade

What do you mean by "use it for upgrade"

Just now, gamingpolice1102 said:

What do you mean by "use it for upgrade"

well duh, upgrading my pc

Eager To Learn

If you overclock the CPU, and get a GTX 1070 or 1080, you'll get a much bigger FPS increase than you will if you get a new CPU.

The i7 3770K, if overclocked, won't bottleneck the GTX 1060 at all, so getting a new CPU, even the latest and greatest, potentially might give you 0 FPS increase in many games. Getting a GTX 1070 or 1080 will give you significant FPS increase in most games, and if you overclock the CPU, along with getting a better GPU, you'll get a massive FPS increase.

A well-overclocked i7 3770K can come close to an i7 6700K stock speed-setting.

Edit: I just noticed that you don't mention your 3770 as being the K-version.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

If you overclock the CPU, and get a GTX 1070 or 1080, you'll get a much bigger FPS increase than you will if you get a new CPU.

The i7 3770K, if overclocked, won't bottleneck the GTX 1060 at all, so getting a new CPU, even the latest and greatest, potentially might give you 0 FPS increase in many games. Getting a GTX 1070 or 1080 will give you significant FPS increase in most games, and if you overclock the CPU, you'll get a massive FPS increase.

A well-overclocked i7 3770K can come close to an i7 6700K stock speed-setting.

i had the non K version

Eager To Learn

Just now, Raxul said:

well duh, upgrading my pc

Im retarded. The sentence didn't make sense to me xD

IMO

Getting a newer UNLOCKED CPU with DDR4 memory could be a very worthwhile upgrade, the higher frequency potential will definitely give you a performance boost even though the IPC improvements over 3 generations have been fairly small but still helpful and the DDR4 ram will be a good improvement as well

Getting a 1070 or 1080 will give you greatly improved graphics performance especially at higher resolutions but also keep in mind that the 1080Ti is only 3-4 (possibly) months away which could bring a 1080 price drop but will definitely put a bunch of USED 1080's on the market for a discounted price.

8 minutes ago, Raxul said:

i have this cpu since the first time it's released and never upgrade it ever since if i upgrade the cpu i would probably go for core i7 6700k,

You're fine. I'd wait on Kaby Lake and Zen. You also don't really need to upgrade your graphics card unless you're buying a new monitor as well.