GTX 770 - is 2GB enough?

Camsung

There is a 4gb version of the card..

It wasn't out when i bought mine. Nontheless it's an insolence to put a card out with so few vram. At the time of buying i didn't know that games would pull THAT much vram. Everybody allways says "there is more to a card than just lots of vram- huehuehue" -> bam i bought the 770 2 gb and filled 3/4 of it with BF3. WTF :D

who cares...

I have never run  out of memory in any game with my 770 you should be fine

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Seeing that BF4 Beta [i know, unoptimised but still] hit ~2.4gb vram at brief peak times on my 7950 when i was running it, it shows that upcoming games are really pumping out those textures so yeah, a 7970 would probably be a safer bet with 3GB.

It performs more or less similar as a 770 as well, at a lower price so why not?

2GB in fact is not enough, even if the 770 appears to be putting out more frames, you'll get massive lag spikes due to the 2GB frame buffer getting full & having to page out that data to the much slower system memory , this interrupts gameplay & causes all sorts of playability issues.
This happens in BF4, Bioshock Infinite, Hitman Absolution & a bunch of other games.
These are all current tiles, in a years time the majority of triple A titles will be almost unplayable unless you turn a lot of the settings down.

Even Linus is upgrading his graphics card, which is a 590 with 1.5GB of memory because the 1.5GB is already being maxed out.
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/64476-hardocp-r9-280x-provides-a-better-gaming-experience-than-gtx-770-in-bf4/

I got myself Crysis 3 just for the lolz and tested it on full settings. The 770 doesn't run that smoothly anyways but VRAM usage was between 1800 and 1900 MB. On the GeForce Experience recommended settings it was 1000 MB and when i cranked it up to an adequate minimum it was 1200 MB

who cares...