Is there anyway to block channels on youtube?

mr moose

Of late I have been getting tired of certain channels in my search results. I would love to be able to block specific channels so I no longer have to suffer the crap that is on youtube when I search for something.

Anyone else tired of seeing suggestions for political, religious, conspiracy or lobby group channels when ever you want to watch something?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wish YouTube would implement a feature, so if you blocked someone you wouldn't receive their videos in suggestions and what not.

EDIT: Doesn't work!

Don't know if it does what you want but there is an option:

[spoiler:'spoiler']2qbyihz.png

It is in dutch but I translated it for you   :P

THE signature

It is in dutch but I translated it for you  :P

It doesn't :(

It is in dutch but I translated it for you  :P

I can't find that option on the channel I want to block :(   

I can read some dutch so It's o.k :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

There is a Javascript addon that I found on userscripts a while back. You'll need greasemonkey on firefox for this.

5cey7RK.png

and it works.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/156278

I installed that, it blocks the default channels but It won't let me add channels to block. The edit blocks button does nothing but open the currently viewed page.

I installed that, it blocks the default channels but It won't let me add channels to block. The edit blocks button does nothing but open the currently viewed page.

there should be something like this

rs0uHBW.png

once you click the button.

If that for some reason doesn't show up you could modify the source code to include more default blocks.

there should be something like this

rs0uHBW.png

once you click the button.

If that for some reason doesn't show up you could modify the source code to include more default blocks.

I might have to look into modifying the source code.  The edit blocks button and using the address bar with #editblocks does nothing.

YAY, It turns out you have to log into youtube in order for the script to work properly.   Thankyou @UselessBread 

Now I can concentrate on the important parts of youtube: