i7 6700k Build

Ok, so I am planning to make a PC that can play close to anything for late 2016 titles (BF1, Watch underscore Dogs 2 etc.) and upcoming 2017 titles comfortably at 1080p and (possibly) 4k. I do edit from time to time but it isn't a constant thing; I don't have a serious Youtube/Twitch channel. I am considering getting an i7 6700k  as my CPU but I was wondering whether to get something cheaper in the i7 line or a high end i5. I also need a good ATX motherboard and I was thinking of getting the Asus  Z170-A but I am unsure on it. The specs are below so feel free to point out any improvements I could make on anything (CPU and Motherboard is the most important).

Specs:

- i7 6700k (TBC)

- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

- Asus Z170-A (TBC)

- Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16gb (2 x 8gb) DDR4 2133 Memory

- EVGA/Asus GTX 1080 3gb GPU

- NZXT s340 case

- Corsair CX750M PSU

- Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB SSHD

There is no cheaper i7

an i5 will bottleneck your 1080 unless you will play on 4K

still keep i7

z170-a is a nice board

1080 3Gb? It only comes in 8Gb. 750W is overkill, 500W is enough.  

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

3 minutes ago, ProfChibbs said:

EVGA/Asus GTX 1080 3gb GPU

Do you mean GTX 1080 8gb GPU or GTX 1060 3gb GPU you kind of have a mix in the post.

I haven't personally used the -A board but have heard good things, and I can recommend the Asus Pro Gaming board ($140) or the Maximus VIII Hero/Ranger boards. All have served me well. Other than that it looks good :)

Psst... get a DVD drive! They're so cheap, people keep forgetting to get one or think they won't need it, but there are many drivers that are hard to find online, but they're right there on disk in front of you! xD

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

53 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Psst... get a DVD drive! They're so cheap, people keep forgetting to get one or think they won't need it, but there are many drivers that are hard to find online, but they're right there on disk in front of you! xD

I have a gaming pc that I am using now and I am planning to port that DVD drive over anyway or get an external one ;)

Just now, ProfChibbs said:

I have a gaming pc that I am using now and I am planning to port that DVD drive over anyway or get an external one ;)

If you go with external, Micro Center has a $22 LG one, it's a steal at that price!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

57 minutes ago, ImperialSteele said:

Do you mean GTX 1080 8gb GPU or GTX 1060 3gb GPU you kind of have a mix in the post.

I haven't personally used the -A board but have heard good things, and I can recommend the Asus Pro Gaming board ($140) or the Maximus VIII Hero/Ranger boards. All have served me well. Other than that it looks good :)

57 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

1080 3Gb? It only comes in 8Gb. 750W is overkill, 500W is enough.  

Sorry I meant to say 8gb I got mixed up with my current 780. Also, I know that 750W is a bit too much but I forgot to mention that I have my old pc as well so I am taking some parts from that. 750W is just so I have room for improvement (like I am doing now)

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

If you go with external, Micro Center has a $22 LG one, it's a steal at that price!

Nice! I'll take a look

only thing cheaper than a 6700K is a 6700. idk if you want that though.