I want to change CPU in my Asus M51BC.

Hi! :D

I have an Asus M51BC desktop computer with an FX-8300, GTX 960 and 8GB DDR3 memory. (I upgraded from the Radeon 7770 that the PC came with) PC link: https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/M51BC/

I want to buy a new CPU (Intel Core i5-6500). I don't know much about the motherboard in the computer, so I was wondering if the motherboard in the system actually supports the processor at all. I also have a 500w PSU from delta. If the CPU is supported by the motherboard will the 500w PSU be enough for a GTX 1060 and Core i5-6500? 

Thank you for reading. All help is appreciated :D

It does not. You would have to get a new motherboard and RAM to use that CPU. A 500w PSU will support that combo though.

No you need a new motherboard

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

It does not. You would have to get a new motherboard and RAM to use that CPU. A 500w PSU will support that combo though.

depends, there are skylake mobo that support ddr3 ram though

6 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Ok thanks. I think i'll just buy a new system. The M51BC case and mobo is ancient.

I'm guessing youre new to computers, but any computer that comes with and AMD processor wont beable to have an intel cpu put into it, and it works the same if you have a computer that comes with an intel processor and wanted to put an AMD cpu into it. you'd have to change the motherboard to one with a compatible socket type.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter