Core I7 4790k

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, GTX Ananas said:

do you suggest them over the Asus Rampage V extreme?

Well I wouldn't class them in the same category, there isn't much benefit getting a super high end board over a mid range even with overclocking other than some extra bells and whistles, and the visual design. Also the Asus Rampage V Extreme is an X99 board which wouldn't work for the 4790K you will want a Z97 chipset board.

Hey guys, what do you think is the best possible motherboard to give me the best performance possible withe this CPU "Intel Ci7 Box Processore CPU 1150 i7-4790K, 4.00 GHz"?

budget?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

3 minutes ago, GTX Ananas said:

Hey guys, what do you think is the best possible motherboard to give me the best performance possible withe this CPU "Intel Ci7 Box Processore CPU 1150 i7-4790K, 4.00 GHz"?

It makes no difference between different motherboards unless your doing very heavy overclocking where better power phases can help. Most times it's just what color scheme and IO connectivity you want for your system. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

It makes no difference between different motherboards unless your doing very heavy overclocking where better power phases can help. Most times it's just what color scheme and IO connectivity you want for your system. 

yes exactly, i am probably thincking of a very high overclock for this build, so what should i go whith

4 minutes ago, Oswin said:

budget?

i was thiccking of around 600 dollars for the motherboard and cpu

Most reputable brands will offer pretty much the same performance and reliability.  I would instead focus on things like features, form factors and looks.  As long as it has the features you want at price your comfortable with, you really can't go wrong.

8 minutes ago, GTX Ananas said:

yes exactly, i am probably thincking of a very high overclock for this build, so what should i go whith

Most boards can easily push the CPU to it's limit, most times the thermal limit unless your doing extreme cooling solutions like LN2, but some very good boards were the Asus MSI Z97-A and MSI Z97 Gaming 5 however it may be a little hard to find them new as they aren't in production anymore.

Edited by W-L

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Most boards can easily push the CPU to it's limit, most times the thermal limit unless your doing extreme cooling solutions like LN2, but some very good boards were the MSI Z97-A and MSI Z97 Gaming 5 however it may be a little hard to find them new as they aren't in production anymore.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

MSI Z97-A and MSI Z97 Gaming 5 however it may be a little hard to find them new as they aren't in production anymore.

I personally own a MSI z97 Gaming 5 and its a great overclocking board.  Just need adequate cooling, as mentioned.    As for availability, your best bet is probably eBAy.  I"ve bought plenty of used parts there with no problems.  Just gotta watch who you're buying from.

19 minutes ago, GTX Ananas said:

MSI Z97 Krait? Asus Z97-A?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, GTX Ananas said:

Well I wouldn't class them in the same category, there isn't much benefit getting a super high end board over a mid range even with overclocking other than some extra bells and whistles, and the visual design. Also the Asus Rampage V Extreme is an X99 board which wouldn't work for the 4790K you will want a Z97 chipset board.

and is an x99 board going to overclock more if combined with an apptotiate cpu

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

and is an x99 board going to overclock more if combined with an appropiate cpu?

1 minute ago, GTX Ananas said:

and is an x99 board going to overclock more if combined with an apptotiate cpu

Not necessarily they use a different socket the 2011-3 which would be for the 6 core and 8 core CPU's. What determine's the amount of an overclock is purely luck as they call it the silicon lottery since some CPU's will do very well and others not so well out of the box. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Not necessarily they use a different socket the 2011-3 which would be for the 6 core and 8 core CPU's. What determine's the amount of an overclock is purely luck as they call it the silicon lottery since some CPU's will do very well and others not so well out of the box. 

so if i am lucky it will overclock to 5.0ghz if not it will be a simple 4.4ghz overclocked cpu ?

3 minutes ago, GTX Ananas said:

so if i am lucky it will overclock to 5.0ghz if not it will be a simple 4.4ghz overclocked cpu ?

Yes in some rare cases, however most 4790K CPU's as I've seen fall around the 4.7GHz area while still have reasonable temps (<85C) and voltages(<1.3V). 

okay thanks man your awsome!

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yes in some rare cases, however most 4790K CPU's as I've seen fall around the 4.7GHz area while still have reasonable temps (<85C) and voltages(<1.3V).