Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing

Rodneyg87

for the life of me i cant remember about how much graphics card prices came down on average last year on those two days. Does anyone remember? I'm wanting to buy a Evga 1070 then but am hoping it'll be at or below $360. Just to clarify I'm looking at the FTW edition and that right now is going for $419 so would that be to much of a hope or what? It's only a 15% price reduction to go from $419 to $360 is why I'd think that would be a solid guess but I might be wrong.

what are you pairing it with?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

I cant remember neither :(

Im pretty sure not all GPUs will be on the sale buy cheaper brands should be here and there. 

U have to keep looking at various websites. And hopefully when u find the one u want it will be already fixed (u know about the thermal issue on ACX design s from EVGA only?)

Here in UK we have like 5 websites to check. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

7 minutes ago, Oswin said:

what are you pairing it with?

My current system 4690k 16gb ram msi sli krait eition mobo and a evga 750w psu. I built this system july of last year and got a sapphire 390 when I did but life happened and needed gas, groceries, and uniforms to start a new job so it had to go and now im trying to put a new high end gpu back into my system since its currently running with a gtx 660 i bought off craigslist for $50 5 months ago. The big reason I'm hoping for it to drop to that is if its at about that point I can afford a nice 1440p monitor to go along with it. I'm gonig to have about $600 to play with to make both happen and I figure a decent 1440p monitor will run me at least $200 then after adding in tax and any shipping will eat up all my $600 and if i have to throw a few dollars extra no big deal but not wanting to go $20+ for the combo 

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

I cant remember neither :(

Im pretty sure not all GPUs will be on the sale buy cheaper brands should be here and there. 

U have to keep looking at various websites. And hopefully when u find the one u want it will be already fixed (u know about the thermal issue on ACX design s from EVGA only?)

Here in UK we have like 5 websites to check. 

yea the thermal issue isn't a problem with me I always take my gpu's apart and put better thermal compound on anyways so putting a few thermal pads on while im doing it is no problem for me

From what I remember, I bought Founders Edition for 499€.

Other brands were about 20€ cheaper but no stock anywhere, so I ended up ordering FE.

Now I can see GTX 1070 for 399€.

So prices went down a lot. I wouldn't expect them to go any lower any time soon.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

From what I remember, I bought Founders Edition for 499€.

Other brands were about 20€ cheaper but no stock anywhere, so I ended up ordering FE.

Now I can see GTX 1070 for 399€.

So prices went down a lot. I wouldn't expect them to go any lower any time soon.

I figured they would for the big yearly sale on cyber monday/black friday then go back up. I remember a few years ago when the 970/980 came out prices dipped about 20% on those two days then shot back up the next day.

Just now, Rodneyg87 said:

I figured they would for the big yearly sale on cyber monday/black friday then go back up. I remember a few years ago when the 970/980 came out prices dipped about 20% on those two days then shot back up the next day.

It's possible :) 

But they will decrease price on those GPUs, that are not good sellers. That's how it usually work in my country lol

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

It's possible :) 

But they will decrease price on those GPUs, that are not good sellers. That's how it usually work in my country lol

plus to be completely honest I'd imagine EVGA would authorize a big dip in prices those days as part of their damage control plan to get people to buy them again since not many new comers to their brand aren't wanting to touch them with a 10ft stick due to the issue at the moment so yes im hoping to capitalize on their misfortune lol

37 minutes ago, Rodneyg87 said:

plus to be completely honest I'd imagine EVGA would authorize a big dip in prices those days as part of their damage control plan to get people to buy them again since not many new comers to their brand aren't wanting to touch them with a 10ft stick due to the issue at the moment so yes im hoping to capitalize on their misfortune lol

Could be possible :D 

Right now everything is exploding lol

EVGA GPUs, Note 7 and even samsung washers.

Seems like that's a new feature!

WD My Cloud 4TB