Best in ear, oer ear, on ear headphones for under $150?

Terobich
Go to solution Solved by Aereldor,
Just now, Terobich said:

It's for listening in my house, and I dont really mind if they are IE or OE as long as they sound good (and cost less than $150)

Alright, then the Sennheiser HD 598s are by far your best bet. There is very little that competes with them at that price point. Wait till Black Friday or Cyber Monday- you'll probably be able to get either these headphones for much cheaper, or much better, more expensive headphones for $150 on sale.

Skullcandy Grind

Philips SHP 9500

???

I don't like in-ears xD

P.S. I value comfort over anything. 

• In-Ear: Shure SE-215/Sennheiser IE60
  • Over-ear closed-back: Audio Technica ATH M50x
  • Over-ear open-back: Sennheiser HD 598
  • On-ear: Grado SR 125e

Open-back headphones will give you a much larger soundstage and a tangible improvement in your listening experience, but they will not insulate you from outside noise. They're a bad match for sitting on the train, as you'll be able to hear everything. They're designed for listening in controlled environments like your room, and excel there more than anything else.

Just now, Aereldor said:
  • In-Ear: Shure SE-215
  • Over-ear open-back: Audio Technica ATH M50x
  • Over-ear closed-back: Sennheiser HD 598

I think you got the over ear open and closed reversed :P

However i prefer the m40x than the 50x, my 2cents tho

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:
  • In-Ear: Shure SE-215
  • Over-ear open-back: Audio Technica ATH M50x
  • Over-ear closed-back: Sennheiser HD 598

thanx, but... Grados are very expensive here in Mexico, any other ideas?

Just now, nicobombai said:

I've tried both of them, the m40's are like way more neutral, but they arent my favourite, any ideas?

1 minute ago, nicobombai said:

I did. Will edit.

3 minutes ago, Terobich said:

thanx, but... Grados are very expensive here in Mexico, any other ideas?

It shouldn't cost too much to ship them through Amazon. How much do you get charged in import duties?

I can only do over ears:

Closed: ath m40x or dt770

Open: SHP9500 or Senn 558 (mod these and you will get full 598 sound signature)

Edit: just realized you're from mexico, hmmmm.. i don't really know about their policies so i just posted the ones under $150 according to me...

Note: in ears and/or on ears are not my cup of tea so i have no major experience on them.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Just now, Aereldor said:

It shouldn't cost too much to ship them through Amazon. How much do you get charged in import duties?

Yeah they do trust me, it's like $50-75 in the available dealers

7 minutes ago, Terobich said:

Yeah they do trust me, it's like $50-75 in the available dealers

Why not just tell us what these are going to be used for? If they're going to be used on public transport or at work, then there's no use recommending open-back over-ear headphones or on-ear headphones. If they're going to be used for listening to music, watching movies, and gaming at home, then there's no reason to recommend in-ear or closed-back headphones beyond personal preference.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Why not just tell us what these are going to be used for? If they're going to be used on public transport or at work, then there's no use recommending open-back over-ear headphones or on-ear headphones. If they're going to be used for listening to music, watching movies, and gaming at home, then there's no reason to recommend in-ear or closed-back headphones beyond personal preference.

It's for listening in my house, and I dont really mind if they are IE or OE as long as they sound good (and cost less than $150)

Just now, Terobich said:

Alright, then the Sennheiser HD 598s are by far your best bet. There is very little that competes with them at that price point. Wait till Black Friday or Cyber Monday- you'll probably be able to get either these headphones for much cheaper, or much better, more expensive headphones for $150 on sale.