Is there any way to get a triple monitor stand to hold larger than it is suppose to support?

trainergames

I came across a triple monitor stand on Craigslist for only $20 so i jumped on it.

I got it home looked it up and it is this one here. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824996803R

As you can tell it supports up to 21" screens,well my screens are all 24",i did check the weight limit, and the weights of my monitors and with current stands all 3 weight 48.3 lbs,the stand says it can hold up to 60 lbs.

You guys got any idea's?

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

While you may the under the weight limit, the stand may also be designed for 21" monitors in the sense that it doesn't balance with bigger monitors. Just want to say that you might be taking a risk.

Anyways, how many centimeters of room are you missing? Would a de-bezel mod help?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

While you may the under the weight limit, the stand may also be designed for 21" monitors in the sense that it doesn't balance with bigger monitors. Just want to say that you might be taking a risk.

Anyways, how many centimeters of room are you missing? Would a de-bezel mod help?

i am not sure due it it not coming with vesa screws,and only one of my current monitors has vesa screws.  I will pick some up when i go to work today. I know i need m4 screw,how long to they need to be for most monitors?

If does not want to balance i have some stuff i can put on the stand to help counterweight. 

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

56 minutes ago, trainergames said:

i am not sure due it it not coming with vesa screws,and only one of my current monitors has vesa screws.  I will pick some up when i go to work today. I know i need m4 screw,how long to they need to be for most monitors?

If does not want to balance i have some stuff i can put on the stand to help counterweight. 

I'm not sure how long the screws would need to be. Maybe try out the screws you have for the one monitor on all of them and see if it's the correct size for all. Than you can take that screw to the hardware store and see which screws you need to get (or maybe even ask someone for help at the hardware store, with an example they can likely help out).

And yeah you could put some counter weight on the stand or even mount it to your desk with a couple nuts and bolts (with some good sizes washers on both sides)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

I'm not sure how long the screws would need to be. Maybe try out the screws you have for the one monitor on all of them and see if it's the correct size for all. Than you can take that screw to the hardware store and see which screws you need to get (or maybe even ask someone for help at the hardware store, with an example they can likely help out).

And yeah you could put some counter weight on the stand or even mount it to your desk with a couple nuts and bolts (with some good sizes washers on both sides)

The screws i have seem to fit,so i will just take one with me when i go to work and pick up some on my way to work.

I will post back tonight how the fitment goes when i get home from work.

23 hours ago, Minibois said:

Ok, it was around 3 inches from fitting on both sides,but i least i got the main monitor on lol.