8GB (3.95 GB usable) 64-bit OS and already tried everything.

Hey,

I recently installed new RAM and I noticed that it recognizes that there are two RAM in the motherboard and even that it is 8GB, however in the BIOS it doesn't specify the name on one of the RAM.

Motherboard is: MSI 970 GAMING (MS-7693)

I also ran Speccy, this is what I got. 

:581dc94fd0f64089880fcdf20170c982.png

Did you get the exact same specs for your second stick of RAM? Based on Speccy, it seems that both of your RAM modules have different timings. This is probably the cause of your problem. I'm not 100% certain, so probably other fellow members on this forum could help you out even further. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Try changing the ram frequency through bios so theyre at the same speed, that could be causing it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Windows key + R > type in msconfig and hit enter > Boot > Advanced Options > And make sure Number of processors is unchecked and Maximum Memory is unchecked. Restart after. 

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Try changing the ram frequency through bios so theyre at the same speed, that could be causing it.

Alright, will try that. I am not very familiar with the BIOS, where should I go to do that? 

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Windows key + R > type in msconfig and hit enter > Boot > Advanced Options > And make sure Number of processors is unchecked and Maximum Memory is unchecked. Restart after. 

Yeah, already done that. Both are unchecked. This is the solution that mostly showed up when I searched for my problem. 

1 minute ago, datHiroko said:

Alright, will try that. I am not very familiar with the BIOS, where should I go to do that? 

Most pc's you just quickly tap delete for a few seconds when its starting up (before it starts to load windows) and it'll take you into the bios.
Im not familiar with your motherboard so not sure what the bios looks like, but there should be a frequency settings or memory settings tab, it'll be under there to change it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Most pc's you just tap delete when its starting up (before it starts to load windows) and it'll take you into the bios.
Im not familiar with your motherboard so not sure what the bios looks like, but there should be a frequency settings or memory settings tab, it'll be under there to change it.

Alright, thanks. Which of the RAM sticks should I change the frequency of? I assume the one that isn't working?

change the a-data one so its matching the crucial one at 667mhz. it'll probably show as 1333 in the bios but thats right.

6 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

change the a-data one so its matching the crucial one at 667mhz. it'll probably show as 1333 in the bios but thats right.

Okey, I went into the BIOS but I got completely lost. This is how the BIOS looks: MSI%20Z97G5%20BIOS%2001%20-%20Main.jpg 

(taken from google, so another motherboard, however it looks the same as mine)

27 minutes ago, datHiroko said:

Okey, I went into the BIOS but I got completely lost. This is how the BIOS looks:  

(taken from google, so another motherboard, however it looks the same as mine)

Nope, still nothing. 

31 minutes ago, Gonio said:

You need to adjust the fastest to the slowest.

It seems as if I can't do that, there is nowhere to change the frequency of said RAM. 

In case everyone has missed it the two RAM modules don't even match (one is a 1333Mhz Crucial stick and the other is an 1600Mhz Adata stick) and is configured in single channel mode, so putting the second stick into slot 3 should put it into dual channel mode but it might not fix the problem (for that I'd suggest going through the RAM sections of the BIOS (possibly in settings, but I would suggest finding out how to go into advanced or classic mode first) with a fine tooth comb to see if there's anything related to something called memory hole remapping (it might be there, and then again it might not as this comes from an older motherboard) there and turn it on).

Has been missed by OP, henche why we mentioned to adjust fastest to slowest. But seems he has trouble navigating and adjusting in Bios. Could check the manual or find a yourube vid about your specific mobo.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Lots of misinformations here

Ram timing is not the cause

Remove ram and test one at a time and in each slot.

Put your old ram and compare the results.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

how come you have mixed ram makes? imo thats a big no no which can lead to the problem you are having and one set of ram has higher max bandwidth than the other 

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew