Can an iPad/Tablet replace a Laptop....

Abudis

You don't think a tablet will be able (at least not now, but I feel there will be software-updates shortly) to have some porductivity cabability? I don't mean writring a whole essay, just reviewing some details and making small changes.

Like you just stated, tablets can be used for quick adjustments due to the lack of a proper keyboard. no matter how many software updates and changes to touch keyboards, they will always be touch keyboards. Do I think tablets are useful? Yes I do, but do I think that they will replace computers? Nope.

Go for a windows 8 tablet, you can do a lot more with win8 than with iOS. check out the W4 from acer 

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

ipad, no, surface pro 2 with keyboard attachment, maybe

I believe even a Surface 2 [non-pro version] can be a viable Laptop replacement.. Depending on ur use of course.. Many people Criticize Windows RT but if you look around carefully.. many working adults [business man] Dont use 3rd party software.. what they do on their laptop is just web browsing and the basic Office Applications.. Soo really depends on what u mainly do on your laptop.. 

I personally feel the surface pro to be too thick and heavy though... If Microsoft could miraculously make future surface pros to be as thin and weigh as light as the surface 2.. i would definitely grab it.. no need to ask

Like you just stated, tablets can be used for quick adjustments due to the lack of a proper keyboard. no matter how many software updates and changes to touch keyboards, they will always be touch keyboards. Do I think tablets are useful? Yes I do, but do I think that they will replace computers? Nope.

Well Windows 8 Tablets are there hoping to be a laptop replacement.. especially the surface line of products.. What are your thoughts?.. 

Well Windows 8 Tablets are there hoping to be a laptop replacement.. especially the surface line of products.. What are your thoughts?..

Yeah, the surface and the new Asus transformers are awesome and might replace laptops due to their removable keyboards.

Go for a windows 8 tablet, you can do a lot more with win8 than with iOS. check out the W4 from acer 

I believe even a Surface 2 [non-pro version] can be a viable Laptop replacement.. Depending on ur use of course.. Many people Criticize Windows RT but if you look around carefully.. many working adults [business man] Dont use 3rd party software.. what they do on their laptop is just web browsing and the basic Office Applications.. Soo really depends on what u mainly do on your laptop.. 

I personally feel the surface pro to be too thick and heavy though... If Microsoft could miraculously make future surface pros to be as thin and weigh as light as the surface 2.. i would definitely grab it.. no need to ask

I don't want to fully replace a laptop. Just some basic stuff that I have mentioned in the first post. The only thing I'm worried about is with some basic Office interaction. I won't be typing a lot, or try to be productive. I can use the pc for the heavy-duty.

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 550D PSU: Corsair TX750M M/B: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H CPU: Intel i5 3570K COOLER: Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: Gigabyte GTX-660Ti SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black MONITOR: LG IPS231P-BN

I don't want to fully replace a laptop. Just some basic stuff that I have mentioned in the first post. The only thing I'm worried about is with some basic Office interaction. I won't be typing a lot, or try to be productive. I can use the pc for the heavy-duty.

Okay from what i see from your needs and wants, the Surface 2 is most probably the way to go... First and foremost, its a tablet.. maybe a more "laptop" like screen layout.. but still its a tablet [weight, pricing and all].. It also fulfills all your criteria.. you were talking about office applications.. well its free on the surface and for apple products you only get iworks.. which is a viable replacement but we all know office is a standardized work app used in many institutions... 

You were also mentioning about how the iPad has good build quality.. well the surface 2 has a magnesium chassis.. which in theory is more "high quality" than aluminum soo yea.. 

Many sites diss the surface but there are many things that the surface can do that will benefit the avg consumer.. Providing the convenience that you desire while having the functionality that you need.. [Web browsing, using Office and maybe playing some occasional games?]

BTW right now.. i most likely sound like some Surface fan boy but i aint guyss.. LOL.. in fact.. i am going to buy an iPad Mini Retina when it comes out.. well for the convenience it presents and for the screen real estate my phone doesnt have [Not as a laptop replacement!:P

PS: The iPad is really a good choice too but it depends on how much u need office as surface is really good for that..:) If you prioritize Movies and web browsing over work.. then definitely the iPad is the way to go as currently nothing beats it in just content consumption due to the countless apps and simplified yet beautiful OS.. Soo really depends on your priorities.. Work or play?

Hope it Helps:)

Oh yea one more thing... One Note on Windows 8.. beats that in iPad many times.. The design and layout of it is just so simple, innovative and beautiful on it.. the iPad one looks alittle old school if i might say :P

Since you mentioned about Onenote i thought about sharing my opinion as i too use onenote on a regular basis :D