Getting into PC gaming

Hpremier81
Go to solution Solved by MVPernula,
  1. Building a PC is great fun, choosing the parts that suit your needs and applying it to a budget feels amazing when you start it for the first time.
  2. Aesthetics. You can build something from old hardware with a classic dell chassi or go all in with a colorscheme and size on a complete costum build.
  3. Join the glorious 60+ FPS PC Masterrace.
  4. In maaany titles you can add a controller if you feel that it suits you better. I for one like playing Witcher 3 with my xbox one controller!
  5. Multi monitor setups for productivity.
  6. MORE THAN 1080P? WHAAAT?

Hi all,

I need some motivation to get into PC gaming because i really want to enjoy it more than console gaming. Currently i have no consoles but i do want a gaming PC. This is probably around the third time ive tried getting into PC gaming and i really want to now. There are no restrictions for me i just cant seem to make the jump!

Someone please help me!

Motivate me!

I want to join the PC gaming community.

Kind regards

Hpremier81

you can grab an old xbox 360/ps3 controller(if you have them) and use them on a pc by getting the appropriate adaptors, that should make the transition less painful.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

for starters you could tone down the friendliness. Gamers are notorious arseholes. If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, start ignoring him/her now. Get comfortable with untidy facial hair. You do not have to grow your hair long but it helps. Avoid outdoors, sun light is not going to help you build up a sickly looking pale complexion.

hmmm.... how else can I motivate you to be come a gamer?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, Hpremier81 said:

Hi all,

I need some motivation to get into PC gaming because i really want to enjoy it more than console gaming. Currently i have no consoles but i do want a gaming PC. This is probably around the third time ive tried getting into PC gaming and i really want to now. There are no restrictions for me i just cant seem to make the jump!

Someone please help me!

Motivate me!

Kind regards

Hpremier81

IMG_0070.JPG

May the force be with you - Yoda

1. Building a PC is great fun, choosing the parts that suit your needs and applying it to a budget feels amazing when you start it for the first time.
  2. Aesthetics. You can build something from old hardware with a classic dell chassi or go all in with a colorscheme and size on a complete costum build.
  3. Join the glorious 60+ FPS PC Masterrace.
  4. In maaany titles you can add a controller if you feel that it suits you better. I for one like playing Witcher 3 with my xbox one controller!
  5. Multi monitor setups for productivity.
  6. MORE THAN 1080P? WHAAAT?

60fps+

1080p+ 

3500+ Games on steam alone

Lower Prices.

Mods mods mods

Better Controlles 

Better everything.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I would almost say that you should buy a pre-built PC first, and make upgrades like a graphics card and RAM.  Buy doing so you have some kind of base to start from with a pre-installed OS as opposed to building from scratch and not having a real clue as to what you are doing.  Building seems daunting the first time you do it.  

Better yet, get a knowledgeable friend to help you build, so he can walk you through and teach you about necessary components, connectors, tips, etc.  

17 hours ago, NUSNA_Moebius said:

I would almost say that you should buy a pre-built PC first, and make upgrades like a graphics card and RAM.  Buy doing so you have some kind of base to start from with a pre-installed OS as opposed to building from scratch and not having a real clue as to what you are doing.  Building seems daunting the first time you do it.  

Better yet, get a knowledgeable friend to help you build, so he can walk you through and teach you about necessary components, connectors, tips, etc.  

Totally disagree with this piece of advice. 

If you want to go prebuilt, buy a prebuilt that matches your specs. Otherwise build your own rig. Seriously, it will be cheaper and its not rocket science. Also, not as scary as it looks. Just watch YouTube tutorials (ltt used to have those member?) and RTFM.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

8 hours ago, Miguel Batista said:

Totally disagree with this piece of advice. 

If you want to go prebuilt, buy a prebuilt that matches your specs. Otherwise build your own rig. Seriously, it will be cheaper and its not rocket science. Also, not as scary as it looks. Just watch YouTube tutorials (ltt used to have those member?) and RTFM.

So you disagree with my second piece of advise, in getting a knowledgeable friend to help with a build?

12 minutes ago, NUSNA_Moebius said:

So you disagree with my second piece of advise, in getting a knowledgeable friend to help with a build?

Obviously not. If he has a friend that can help, sure. Thing is, even without a friend, its stupid easy to build a PC.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

On 4.11.2016 at 1:19 PM, Hpremier81 said:

Why?

There is no such thing as a PC gaming community. Just a bunch of kids who keep posting cringeworthy garbage.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.