Master Chief Case Mod

Fantomex

I've got an idea that I would really like some input with. I have no modding experience and little time to work on it so it would be a while for me to complete it myself. So paying for a custom computer case and components isn't out of the question. 

Id like a system to pay homage to the first game that got me into gaming, Halo. Way before I discovered the PC master race, I played halo constantly. I'd like to have a system custom painted and modded in the color scheme and design of Master Chiefs armor. The olive green with gold and black accents would be awesome. 

I already have the Master Chief edition astro a50s. To go along with the theme. I imagine the case should be modded from a noctis 450 as the angular panels somewhat mimic the armor. 

I have references for color palettes as well as the headset to compare to. 
nzxt noctis 450 review - intro.jpg

2185538-571px_john_117_halo_4.png

headset-thumbnail-542x542-4881010c7deb4a49bba49936ef40d5de.png

How difficult would this type of mod be? Painting the inside and out as well as changing the LEDS in the case to the gold-ish color or his visor? Thoughts?

Edit: As far as components go, I'm thinking an Asus Sabertooth Z170 board as its perfect for this build. 

aTTjmEMMmPCY8uce_setting_fff_1_90_end_1000.png_w_600.jpg

And an Asus Strix GTX 1070. 

asus strix gtx 1070 review - side.jpg

I think, the easiest (and the cheapest) way to do this is to order adhesive vinyl film and apply it to the case. This will provide you with great details and will look sharp.

Although it's not the biggest hassle, just time and the technique could make it or break it. I think this could look awesome if you just have time, which Is hard in this modern day. 

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

Depends on your creativity. If you have the right artistic skills and ideas the case will turn out amazing.

Dont be scared to change the shape of parts too. (adding dents, scratches..)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Depends on your creativity. If you have the right artistic skills and ideas the case will turn out amazing.

I think the worn look would be perfect for a Halo Case, IMO

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

Just now, CarterTJames said:

I think the worn look would be perfect for a Halo Case, IMO

As long as he doesnt overdo it. If he adds too many little damages to it, itll start to look odd..

But yeah, the damaged kind of look is perfect for the chief.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

11 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I was considering doing that. Maybe a little later on. Give that battle scarred look that he has. I think I want to focus on getting done first. Then maybe add some finishing touches to the outside after. 

Actually, now I'm thinking the Corsair Spec Alpha would be a great option for this as well.  Painting the black side panels the olive green color and the silver potion a shiny gold/brass color whichever matches the headset better. Leaving the mesh black. Thoughts on that? 

Spec-Alpha_GRAY_02.png