Pentium 3 question

Gonna need someone with knowledge of old computers. :D

I built a Pentium 3 PC out of old junk parts I found in the garage and everything works great despite the terrible conditions these things were stored in. So.. I wanna know if I can upgrade it from 1.1ghz to 1.4! Here's a CPU-z of the system. I can't find anything about this upgrade anywhere on the internet. And yeah, I know upgrading this is pointless and won't accomplish anything. It's just for fun.

6iez6tX.png

Shot of the system just in case.

IUhLyry.jpg

Thanks!

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Tualutin is the last revision of the Pentium III and it does have a 1.4GHz version, so I don't see why not. Also who says this won't accomplish much? Now you have an old school rig that can play games that won't run on newfangled machines :D

I'd also say put Windows 98 on it or dual boot it. Most games that can run on XP run just fine on later releases of Windows and those that don't are probably out of that computer's league anyway (like Fallout 3 and its DirectSound problem).

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Tualutin is the last revision of the Pentium III and it does have a 1.4GHz version, so I don't see why not. Also who says this won't accomplish much? Now you have an old school rig that can play games that won't run on newfangled machines :D

I'd also say put Windows 98 on it or dual boot it. Most games that can run on XP run just fine on later releases of Windows and those that don't are probably out of that computer's league anyway (like Fallout 3 and its DirectSound problem).

Thanks! I will definitely be adding 98 to this system to have more game compatibility and to squeeze every last bit of performance out of this thing. Funny enough I have a legit key for SE. :D

Quake and Moto Racer here I come! Next upgrades I'll be buying for this beast are a FX 5200 and a soundblaster live card. :)

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

22 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Just remember to not connect it to the internet. :P

the internet is pretty much a mine field on old windows versions lol

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case