M.2 SSD stopped being detected

elitecommando57
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Clear your BIOS, by removing the battery for like 10+ seconds. You might have screwed something up, setting up the raid. After placing the battery back, just use the M.2. SSD. If it all works, try installing the rest, and figure out what you did wrong before.

Hi,

I built my first PC a few months ago and it all went fine but now I am building a PC for my brother but I have problem.

The PC was working fine with an M.2 SSD then I added a SATA SSD and still fine but when I went to add 2 HDD's in RAID 1 it completly stopped detecting the M.2.

I have tried switching SATA controller modes back to AHCI I have tried disconnecting the other 3 devices but nothing seems to work the SATA SSD and the 2 HDDS work fine but I cant get into windows as that was on the M.2 which stopped working.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

I CAN GET INTO BIOS BUT THE M.2 ISNT DETECTED

SPECS:

ASUS X99 STRIX MOBO
I7 6800K

2 X WD BLACK 2TB HDDS

1 X SAMSUNG 950 PRO 256GB M.2

1 X SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB SSD

ASUS STRIX OC 1070

32GB x CORSAIR DDR4 VENGANCE 3000

CORSAIR HX850I

I know this sounds a simple thing, but try reordering the SATA cables in as many configurations as you can be bothered to. I've never looked into it in detail, all I know is with some motherboards the order can affect whether certain drives get loaded. You may want to refer to the motherboard manual to find out which is officially "SATA 1" and so on.

Clear your BIOS, by removing the battery for like 10+ seconds. You might have screwed something up, setting up the raid. After placing the battery back, just use the M.2. SSD. If it all works, try installing the rest, and figure out what you did wrong before.

Possibly one of the sata ports would be unusable if the M.2 is being occupied? My Z97 G45 Motherboard says to never use the 1st or second Sata port if the M.2 port is being occupied. Possibly the same in your case. Check the manual to see if it is mentioned.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

18 minutes ago, elitecommando57 said:

Hi,

I built my first PC a few months ago and it all went fine but now I am building a PC for my brother but I have problem.

The PC was working fine with an M.2 SSD then I added a SATA SSD and still fine but when I went to add 2 HDD's in RAID 1 it completly stopped detecting the M.2.

I have tried switching SATA controller modes back to AHCI I have tried disconnecting the other 3 devices but nothing seems to work the SATA SSD and the 2 HDDS work fine but I cant get into windows as that was on the M.2 which stopped working.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

SPECS:

ASUS X99 STRIX MOBO
I7 6800K

2 X WD BLACK 2TB HDDS

1 X SAMSUNG 950 PRO 256GB M.2

1 X SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB SSD

ASUS STRIX OC 1070

32GB x CORSAIR DDR4 VENGANCE 3000

CORSAIR HX850I

Check your manual, enabling some features will disable the M.2 port on most motherboards.

EDIT:

Make sure your have  M2/U2 Switch on auto or U.2

Also check your NVME settings:

YwQ7Bn3.png

Thanks guys for all your replies.

I reset the BIOS and it worked.

Thank you