[Build log/Finished]Custom AIO ITX in Lian-Li PC-Q08B

The time has come! Time to fill the loop!

[video coming here at some point]

Primed and has been running 30 minutes without leak

VmdKDzW.jpg

9z4PwGR.jpg

pkYJ4Dm.jpg

Alright after 6 hours of first stage testing I think it is time to put the hardware inside and have some stress tests

First some cable management

Da8RhRh.jpg

8zZSqip.jpg

a6IlSXF.jpg

C95RzFy.jpg

Not the final motherboard but I will use this to do a baseline to compare stock aio to my custom. (Also have to delete some old windows drivers when I change motherboard)

S9Ei7qK.jpg

Coupling GPU and block

QO5jlFa.jpg

GPU mounted

EfBjtJX.jpg

Other CPU hose is a bit too long but doesn't truly matter.

S0g5KZ1.jpg

Cable management?

PxQeeAv.jpg

Well it is just for stress testing...

hiJvru1.jpg

20 liter case and 10.5kg weight, not bad 

19KMDDZ.jpg

Stress testing, water temp goes up to 38C with GPU stressed by heaven benchmark and CPU stressed by CPU-z

gEVVtXq.jpg

Redid HDD cabling, two lowest ones are not connected because adapter never arrived.

lfCIYGW.jpg

Hopefully no leaks will happen but there is just about 400ml of liquid inside the loop.

9Ibv5al.jpg

stress test in progess

Alright leak test done, not even a drop leaked outside ;)

I will publish the loop priming video at some point but now enjoy these pictures of almost ready rig (missing just fan controller and minipcie to 2x sata raid controller).

yQ56Miv.jpg

HS7B7PI.jpg

eOT6BNg.jpg

i4RhE4s.jpg

jHCRhcT.jpg

uoddT13.jpg

llQJOxH.jpg

PHQBQp7.jpgn19fAkF.jpg

QgJjQ24.jpg

OFwlEvV.jpg

Sp3A01I.jpg

g588MwE.png

eEIbxJe.png

So as you can see temps didn't improve at all. The problem was that my old overclocking was keeping single aio coolants pretty cool anyway so I didn't expect much improvement at all. The thing is now I can push the 2600k much higher overclocks because coolant temperature won't be over 70C thus cpu would thermal throttle beyond 4.5GHz mark. I tested with this new coolant and made some nice runs with 4.6 - 5.0GHz and temps were whole time under 70C for CPU where old system was hitting that 95C mark. 

Cost wise I could have gone much lower without ordering:

- Tygon tubes (6€ / 1 metre)

- Reservoir (54€)

- Temperature sensor & LCD (10€).

If I had gone for lower quality tube and ordered just bare minimum this custom loop would have cost me just

40€.

On 10.11.2016 at 10:43 AM, GettinBissi said:

Love the avatar!

In regards to flow: yes folks will say that pump speed doesn't really matter and that is true to an extent but they are referring to D5 and equivilant pumps that have flow rates like this:

And even then there is a difference of a couple of degrees between max and min pump speeds. In an SFF build the odds are already against you with airflow, then the poorer heat dissipation of aluminum radiators is another hit.

Yeah, you could probably get away with it but you won't be happy with your temps, you'll have little or no room for overclocking and you'll end up redoing it again in the future. My point just is, if you're gonna go water, make it worth while. Otherwise you just have a system that cools like air but has the risks of water. 

Anymahoo that's my 2 cents and I still look forward to seeing this system come together!

So far I have not been able to test temps with 5.0GHz or beyond but 4.8GHz that Zotac was able to stay stable with maximum vcore output from UEFI (1.52V, - vdroop 0.1V under load) temps were on package just 65C still. So far looks like cooling is enough for decent OC and liquid temp settles around 38C with full load.

Also for dust free system I am sucking air trough roof into the case and dumping the heat inside the case, which mostly moved away by PSU and front radiator exhaust. PSU temps were getting pretty high under full load but I am sure Corsair HX-series can handle hot box temps just fine but I am heating ram, VRM, HDD's with extra heat dump but so far seems it affected only 5-7C higher temps for HDD