Open Air Cooler Question

Oscargot

Hi.

Soon I'll be changing out my reference r9 290x card (my ears are grateful) for something else. I was wondering what impact the open air cooler that most non-reference cards sport would have on nearby expansion cards (I have a small raid card (cheap) and a larger sound card (not cheap) under that, pictured below). Would the temperatures be damaging with a hot running card like a 290x or 390x (just as a worst case scenario)?

Spoiler

123d07bddf.JPG

And yes, there are sticky labels on the graphics card, don't judge me it looks fine from where I sit :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

temps shouldent be a problem, you seem to have ample space in your case

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Open air cooler pushes the air in the inward direction (like the reference card). So the hot air is not directly hitting the other cards (as you might have thought) out of the open air cooler gpu. Thus there is no possible way of damaging your other cards in a mid size pc case.   

Open air cooler pushes the air in the inward direction (like the reference card). So the hot air is not directly hitting the other cards (as you might have thought) out of the open air cooler gpu. Thus there is no possible way of damaging your other cards in a mid size pc case.