Star Trek "The 5 year mission" continues after 45 year haitus.

Post at /.

Okian Warrior writes

"Hackaday brings us news about a continuation of the original Star Trek series. The Kickstarter-funded project is attempting to complete the original 5-year mission, which ended after only three seasons on the air. The fan-based and fan-supported reincarnation is cleverly titled Star Trek Continues and has CBS's consent. Check out the first episode, Pilgrim of Eternity. For being fan-made, it's actually pretty good."

The attention to detail in the sets, costumes, and even lighting is incredible. It's far and away the most faithful re-creation of the original series I've ever seen.

I didn't grow up watching Star Trek, but this is kinda awesome. I know the feeling of having your favorite show go on haitus (anime for the Otakus out there, is rife with haitus'), but 45 years? Holy crap. 

Are any of you Star Trek fans excited for this? Is it too late for anyone to care? 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.