KERNEL POWER WHY !?!?!?!?!

potato_curry

You may want to use the corsair PSU power calculator to verify that you actually have enough power  with all of the hardware you have in the system. Remember that you should have at least 15% more power available than what is needed. Example: the minimum that you NEED is 400 watts, then your PSU should be at least 460 Watts.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 6:12 PM, zanthros said:

You may want to use the corsair PSU power calculator to verify that you actually have enough power  with all of the hardware you have in the system. Remember that you should have at least 15% more power available than what is needed. Example: the minimum that you NEED is 400 watts, then your PSU should be at least 460 Watts.

I'm sorry for getting back so late. My PC was at the service center for a month.
The mechanic replaced every part under warranty (Every single one I'm not kidding) and because he couldn't find a GTX960, he replaced it with a GTX970 however i dont think that should make much of a difference. I did calculate my power requirements
again and it showed me around 369 W (approximate).
But, Surprise Surprise, the kernel power error never leaves. "Constant reboots" is an understatement.
Now we're back to assuming that its windows 7.
So by next week i should have windows 10.
We'll see if that works.

On 11/12/2016 at 4:54 PM, Coaxialgamer said:

What are your specs ? 

Sorry for a late reply.

Specs:

Intel i5 4440 3.1GHz Processor
Intel MotherBoard DB85FL
Zotac Nvidia GTX970 4GB
4GB RAM
1 TB HDD
PSU: ARTIS 500 W Power Supply