White cases discoloring?

PeggersXtreme

Hi,

Just wondering if white cases such as the Air 540 Artic white suffer with discoloring and turning yellow like older white cases use to?

Thanks

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Pretty sure they tested the paint to make sure it doesn't.

But don't put it in sunlight, everything gets discoloured in sunlight.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Even humans... 

I'm leaving now

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, Enderman said:

yeah my friend had the original phantom in white and had it in the sun the plastic parts went yellow but the metal parts stayed white. I've slimed my case choice down to the NZXT S340 Elite in White and the Corsair Air 540 in White or Black

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

16 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

yeah my friend had the original phantom in white and had it in the sun the plastic parts went yellow but the metal parts stayed white. I've slimed my case choice down to the NZXT S340 Elite in White and the Corsair Air 540 in White or Black

Well they don't discolour (or in my scenario) but you can definitely see how my Phantom 240 has it's white slightly faded after 2 and a half years :P (like the plastic front panel and the side panels are no longer the exact same shade as it used to be which I can compare to the back of the plastic top panel and the white frame inside).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well they don't discolour (or in my scenario) but you can definitely see how my Phantom 240 has it's white slightly faded after 2 and a half years :P (like the plastic front panel and the side panels are no longer the exact same shade as it used to be which I can compare to the back of the plastic top panel and the white frame inside).

I'm thinking of going with a black case I want it to last quite a while just stuck now one which one to get between the S340 elite and Air 540 :/ want to keep my parts as cool as possible. I've been told a few times white cases lose their colour a bit or show dust badly.

Custom PC:

They will suffer from discoloring, but very very slowly. If you don't smoke or cook in the room where you have your case, you won't notice anything for at least 5 years. Direct sunlight affects white paint as well, but not that much.

So... For most people white cases are fine for many years

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

36 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Yes that was a known issue with that case, corsair and NZXT's new cases are more thoroughly tested :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Yes that was a known issue with that case, corsair and NZXT's new cases are more thoroughly tested :)

ah ok are the h115 and Kraken x61 coolers the same in terms of cooling ability the cases I am looking at one has a 280mm mount in the front and the other has a 280mm mount in front and top wondering which would work best might make my case decision easier lol if I work out that first.

Custom PC:

14 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

ah ok are the h115 and Kraken x61 coolers the same in terms of cooling ability the cases I am looking at one has a 280mm mount in the front and the other has a 280mm mount in front and top wondering which would work best might make my case decision easier lol if I work out that first.

Yup, main difference is looks. Both have meh stock fans, replace those if you can afford something nice.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Yup, main difference is looks. Both have meh stock fans, replace those if you can afford something nice.

Was thinking Noctua NF14's or something similar are the fans it comes with PWM?

Custom PC: