New build is too loud

Anakso

I just built a new computer, in the build I went with corsair H115I AIO as the CPU cooler, part of this decision was because I thought water cooling was supposed to be a bit quieter. At first it was very loud but after installing the corsair link software and selecting quiet mode it's gotten a bit quieter, but still too loud for my liking (louder than my old computer with the stock heat sink even under load). The fans are spinning at about 1000 RPM, is this a normal speed for cpu fans? or could it maybe be the pump? Will buying better fans to attach to the radiator end up quieter? 

AIOs are NOT quiet, who said that? air cooling is way more quiet then an AIO, full custom loops can be more quiet but AIOs are not more quiet then a huge heatsink with some good fans

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

AIOs are NOT quiet, who said that? air cooling is way more quiet then an AIO, full custom loops can be more quiet but AIOs are not more quiet then a huge heatsink with some good fans

they can be quite quiet, get a good case with some sound damping, run the pump at it lowest rated RPM, grab some good low RPM fans and your fine.

6 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Replace the stock fans with Corsair SP 140 mm fans. The stock ones are VERY loud. 

Ah okay thanks, will do that. Corsair SP 140 mm fans are find for cooling a radiator? 

24 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

they can be quite quiet, get a good case with some sound damping, run the pump at it lowest rated RPM, grab some good low RPM fans and your fine.

sure but an air cooler will be more quiet then an AIO, even with the fans off on the AIO because the pump makes sound. and getting a new case and limiting the prefomance of the AIO massively just to make it quiet whilst and air cooler will do a better job at the same sound level is just stupid to me. AIOs are for people who want good cooling whithout having to do a full custom loop, not for people who want a quiet PC. a be quiet DarkRock3 is a really good air cooler that you can barely hear, or even a NH-D15 can be quiet with the low noice addapter or even without it. my shadowrock 2 is inaudioable over the GPU fans and it keeps my I5 4690K @4.7GHz under 80C. AIOs are for people who want cooling, not silence

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure but an air cooler will be more quiet then an AIO, even with the fans off on the AIO because the pump makes sound. and getting a new case and limiting the prefomance of the AIO massively just to make it quiet whilst and air cooler will do a better job at the same sound level is just stupid to me. AIOs are for people who want good cooling whithout having to do a full custom loop, not for people who want a quiet PC. a be quiet DarkRock3 is a really good air cooler that you can barely hear, or even a NH-D15 can be quiet with the low noice addapter or even without it. my shadowrock 2 is inaudioable over the GPU fans and it keeps my I5 4690K @4.7GHz under 80C. AIOs are for people who want cooling, not silence

oh yeah, no moving parts beats everything when it come to noise isolation.

But i disagree a little about cases limiting performance, with clever planning you can get good performance and be quiet IMO. ( considering what is quiet is fairly opinionated ) 

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

The Darkrock3 was actually what I was originally intending to buy, but ending up going H115i kind of last minute for a couple of reasons, Kind of regret it now but also kind of don't since I now have at least experienced it and know I won't ever do that again (unless my PC is going to be far from me and not right next to me)

Anyway just ordered the darkrock3, less than double the price of replacing both fans with good ones from the store I go to, but I know this will work and be quiet. So problem over in a few days when that arrives.