Cisco Router

Danielh90
2 minutes ago, droidrzrlover said:

No problem!

What Do I port in <WAN PORT>  and <ip address> ?

Just now, Danielh90 said:

What Do I port in <WAN PORT>  and <ip address> ?

what ever port you use as your WAN port, the one that is heading towards your modem, and the IP address you will use the IP Address that your modem is listing on the label, as an example 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

Just now, droidrzrlover said:

what ever port you use as your WAN port, the one that is heading towards your modem, and the IP address you will use the IP Address that your modem is listing on the label, as an example 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

Ok so 255.255.255.0 would be wan? 

Just now, Danielh90 said:

no.

In an example, I am using int atm0/0/0.1 as my WAN interface, btw WAN stands for Wide Area Network. Please message me your email so that we can do a Cisco WebEx meeting and I can help you configure your router.

6 hours ago, Danielh90 said:

Ouch! That hurts my brain! I was going to mention some more stuff and whip out the configuration guide from cisco.com. Then I looked at it and wow! Can they make it any MORE confusing and awful?!?!

255.255.255.0 is a subnet mask. it defines what portion of the IP address is the network portion and which is the host portion. The 255.255.255.0 means that 192.168.1 is the network portion and the .1 is the host portion

Oh BTW, www.cisco.com/go/1800 gets you to the main page for the 1800 series of routers of which the 1811 is a fixed configuration model with 2 WAN ports and 8 switch ports, wireless 802.11a/b/g, and a v.92 dial up modem backup. I could tell you how to configure it and what commands to use as I had a cisco871W that could be configured using the same commands as the 1811, but it would take WAY too long and WAY too much explanation on paper.

And besides Droidrzrlover already volunteered.  :P

Suffice to say, an 1811 router is not like a linksys or netgear or ubiquiti wireless router. If you don't have a copy of Router Device Manager 1.0 or 2.0 or it's not on the flash then forget a graphical user setup. You will be using the Cisco IOS command line to configure it.......... which seems like you would require a CCNA to translate the configuration guide on cisco.com anymore.     LOL 

13 hours ago, Danielh90 said:

Honestly, these routers are meant for people who know how to configure them, and if they don't, they have the networking knowledge to just learn the CLI and input what they know they need.

The level of networking knowledge you display here makes me want to suggest that you learn the contents of the CCNA certification.

This will be a very difficult and tedious process for you to ask each component of the config and what it means and what it should be. And I feel some of us will get really tired of this.

Comb it with a brick